Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
SLS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about everyone who had stutter/stumble/miss symptoms after the SS fuel rail change, I ordered the set of AC Delco wires, searched archives and am ready to go this weekend. Now, any last minute suggestions about what not to do, or specific areas of difficulty. Looks like the coil contacts will unscrew easily, use a LITTLE dielectric grease,stretch for the rears... Is it really that straight forward, I didn't see any hugh issues in the archives. Do I need to remove the cover? Last words of advice besides except no beer till after the job.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
Actually I don't think you have to unscrew anything when changing the wires, unless your changing the plugs too. If you are changing the plugs too then you would need to buy a gapper (not sure of the correct term but thats what I call it) from the locol auto parts store. All the wires are just snap-ons. You do want to twist each wire connection first before you pull them off, because if you don't you might peal the wire cover from the wire. There is a plastic wire cover going next to the beauty cover, the top of the plastic cover is held on with plastic clips on the sides.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts