Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stunned that Caddy even decided to have 16" rims as an option on the CTS, but whatever... I have to ditch these puppies but I don't want to spend a fortune. Could yall be so kind and give me your opinions?

Since I can't get THESE for a reasonable price, how about these two choices in 18" from TireRack.com???

Elbrus I05: Offset +42mm

-or-
Sport Edition SE-14: Offset +45mm

Everyone I've shown likes the SE-14's, but I'm a little partial to the I05's (they look close to the Sport rims to me).

What size tires would you guys recommend for either rim?

Also, would there be any Caddy center caps that would fit?

·
Registered
05 CTS
26 Posts
I like the I05's better. Like you said, they look really close to the stock 12 spoke 18"s. Both look good though.
I upgraded from stock 16's to the stock 18's and put on 225/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT's. Kept the speedo from being off, and I find it's a good balance of width and height.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any other tire and wheel experts care to chime in? I'm leaning towards the SE-14's at this point, but I'm so freaking torn!

·
Registered
2006 CTS
55 Posts
Those are both nice, and as I've been shopping for wheels I am goiing with the SE-14s. To my eye they just have that little extra visual cue so as to separate them from wheels that look too stock-ish.

·
Registered
Ex-CTS owner
1,229 Posts
My vote goes to SE's, but these rims aren't too exciting. There are plenty of better looking ones. What color is your car?

·
Registered
2007 CTS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My vote goes to SE's, but these rims aren't too exciting. There are plenty of better looking ones. What color is your car?
Mine is black. I know these aren't real exciting, but I'm pretty conservative and mostly just like the 18" wheel size. I'm not looking for bling bling chrome or spinners. Just a nice rim that looks as close to stock as possible.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
What are their weights? They both share a similar design, and look very similar to the 18's that came with the Wheel Performance pack.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Are they cast or forged? At that price, I suspect they are cast. Research the difference.

One idea: Get as many spokes as you can. That way, you will have plenty to do on weekends, as you clean them inch by inch. Brake dust and all. The optimist.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just ordered the SE-14's with Kumho Ecsta ASX tires in 225/45ZR/18... I hope it all works out. Should be here by Friday so I'll get some pics up.

It says there was a few things included at no charge. Anyone know what these are?

4 Required centering ring N/CN/C
4 Retaining clip for al-p ring N/CN/C

·
Registered
2007 CTS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see that I screwed up on the tire size and should have gotten 245/45/18's... Trying to get them to change it, but damn they are fast. Said they were already on the truck!!! Only order a little over an hour ago! I definitely want the 245's though.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dallas at TireRack got the tires changed to the 245's and guaranteed they'd be here by Thursday. :worship: The man is a rock star!

·
Registered
2007 CTS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, got the rims/tires and overall I'm pretty happy with them. Cheap and functional, but not the greatest looking 18" rim out there by any means.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No it doesn't fit. I wish I could find some that do. Either that or I'm going to paint them silver to match.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts