Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Iam currently looking at possibly getting a 2001 Cadillac DTS, private sale with 196000k asking $6000. I am most likely going to look at it tomorrw and if it is in decent shape would offer at the most $5000. I am looking for any advice on things that can go wrong and such as i dont know alot about caddy's. i have read some customer reviews about things that have gone wrong and feel somewhat turned off however it is a beautiful car.......any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
Hey, Iam currently looking at possibly getting a 2001 Cadillac DTS, private sale with 196000k asking $6000. I am most likely going to look at it tomorrw and if it is in decent shape would offer at the most $5000. I am looking for any advice on things that can go wrong and such as i dont know alot about caddy's. i have read some customer reviews about things that have gone wrong and feel somewhat turned off however it is a beautiful car.......any suggestions would be appreciated
Jusy my opinion,but I would not buy it because of the high mileage,you would have to get it for less money, it maybe hard to resist, but dont buy it on looks alone.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,551 Posts
Unless money is the prevailing factor here, I'd look for one with fewer miles. That should not be hard to find. Have you checked NADA or KBB to see what this one is worth?

·
Registered
1994 deville, 1983 fleetwood
39 Posts
to be honest wayyyyy too many mile for that price i have a beautiful 94 deville about to tick 60,000 id let go for 5,500 non northstar and thats even more than kbb suggest but everything works on this car and its beautiful condition! shop around or buy one of the handful i have wink*wink* dont spend your money on soemthing close to 200k youll be sorry trust me

·
Registered
NONE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all who replied :)

Any suggstions were i could find the same kind of car with lower millege and not crazy $$$
I have been looking in the Toronto/Durham area, on kijiji and autotrader and found nothing.

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
Thanks to all who replied :)

Any suggstions were i could find the same kind of car with lower millege and not crazy $$$
I have been looking in the Toronto/Durham area, on kijiji and autotrader and found nothing.
It would have helped if you had let us know your canadian,was that kilometres or miles that you said in your original thread?.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
It would have helped if you had let us know your canadian,was that kilometres or miles that you said in your original thread?.
:yeah: If that is kilometers I say go for it.

·
Registered
NONE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes sorry, it is kilometers and hes asking $6000 canadian.

how reliable would you say it is and is that alot of kilometres for the year of the car?

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
Yes sorry, it is kilometers and hes asking $6000 canadian.

how reliable would you say it is and is that alot of kilometres for the year of the car?
Did the math.
U.S. translation = 121,716 miles for $4,853.58 USD or your plan is to offer him about $4000USD

Still getting up there in mileage for a lot of money. Check if the car has service records, due to the possibility of massive engine R/R and Transaxle problems. If the work was done already and the car has been maintained well, it could be well worth it. Especially if they accept your offered price instead of the asking P.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts