Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weekends ago I partially removed the headliner to allow me to access the sunroof rear drains, one of which I thought was plugged or leaking. To do that, I had to remove the A, B, and C pillar trim pieces. Now, I knew they weren't clean, but man, once I had them out of the car I realized they were worse than I thought! Same goes for the headliner - I don't normally spend much time looking up at it, but having spent some time lowering it and working around it, I realize it's also in need of cleaning.

I'm used to cleaning interior plastic surfaces or wiping down leather, but that's about it. All of these parts are covered in fabric, so I wasn't sure how I should approach cleaning them. I would appreciate any suggestions on products and/or techniques. Any cleaning of the headliner will be done in the car - I don't intend to remove it. The A, B, and C pillars I either have out of the car already, or could pull out of the car with a bit more work, so I'll have a bit more flexibility to work on those.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator 2011 CTS SportWagon
9,437 Posts
Brake cleaner. Not kidding. It's dry cleaning fluid in a can. Spray on a clean rag or blue shop towel, dab gently, don't rub. I use it all the time when students reach in a car with the window down to roll a car for the lift and they get greasy prints on the A pillar or headliner. Or, when I do that, lol...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've had pretty good luck with foaming carpet cleaner in the past.

Hexane works well if you have some crc contact cleaner floating around as it evaporates quite fast also. Just dap and don't wipe.

-Byron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
AAIIIC