Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SRX
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably should have read this forum before buying the vehicle. I recently purchased a 2011 Cadillac SRX Premium with turbo and all the other options. It has about 40,000 miles and sadly, is 3 months out of the bumper to bumper warranty so I'm unable to purchase an extended warranty from GM. I traded in a Mercury Mountaineer, which honestly, was apparently a dream car. It was a 2003, and aside from an alternator and regular maintenance like oil changes, breaks, and tires, I had 0 issues with the car. For some reason, I assume Cadillac's luxury status, meant luxury quality too. Just looking for advice from fellow owners on my next moves should be. I love the car, but the idea of soaking $5K/year into repairs is just not justifiable in my mind. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2010 SRX
188 Posts
Well, hopefully you will have good luck with the vehicle. 40K is just about 'broken in'. I purchased my 2010 two years ago with 40K. I had one major issue (engine misfiring about a month after I got it and had to have it towed to the dealer. It was repaired under warranty. Knock on wood, I've had no issues in the last two years after about 18K of driving.

The SRX, especially the 2010, has a history of issues, many of them minor annoyances. This forum, like all car forums, concentrates on problems and asks for advice on how to deal with them. I've leaned a lot here, as you will I'm sure. Don't let some of the stories scare you, as there are a few who constantly berate the car at every opportunity.

Just as with any car, take care of it and perform all needed services when they're due. If you're not happy after driving it for a few seasons, move on to another.

Good luck with the SRX, as it's a real beauty and drives like a dream.

·
Registered
2011 SRX
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! lol Yea, I've been reading all morning and thinking "wtf did I do?!?" I've loved Cadillac since the CTS launched in '03, but it wasn't until now that I had the money to buy one that's not super old and has a bazillion miles. I'm really hoping this car is good to me. :-/

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,650 Posts
Take a look at AAA Extended Warrantee. Make sure it is the actual Automobile Club of America. I have used them several times. I always chose the longest term and the highest millage. It's what fit my needs. I would stay away of any other after market Extended Warrantees. Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I feel the same. Just bought a 2010 Luxury SRX with 29K miles. Love it so far. Clean carfax. Hoping all bugs have been handled already. I'm looking at a extended warrantee as well. Good Luck

·
Registered
2011 SRX
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Biglurp said:
I feel the same. Just bought a 2010 Luxury SRX with 29K miles. Love it so far. Clean carfax. Hoping all bugs have been handled already. I'm looking at a extended warrantee as well. Good Luck
Congrats! Yea I don't think you can get an official GM extended warranty. Once you're out of the 4 year bumper to bumper period (ended last year in my '11) GM won't sell you a warranty. I wish they would fix that policy because I likely would have paid an extra premium for it. I'm only 90 days outside of the bumper to bumper too. :-/

·
Registered
14 SRX Luxury
613 Posts
As with any car forum what you'll get is all of the folks that are having trouble with their cars and not people who are happy. I have a 10 SRX Luxury and I by no means spend $5,000.00 per year on maintenance. Generally I've been really happy with my SRX and feel that the car does basically what I want it to do.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
As with any car forum what you'll get is all of the folks that are having trouble with their cars and not people who are happy. I have a 10 SRX Luxury and I by no means spend $5,000.00 per year on maintenance. Generally I've been really happy with my SRX and feel that the car does basically what I want it to do.
I'd be willing to bet that if you gave me 15 minutes with your car I could find issues with it that you don't even know you have. :)

·
Registered
14 SRX Luxury
613 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that if you gave me 15 minutes with your car I could find issues with it that you don't even know you have. :)
Probably not, I keep up with what's happening with my car pretty well. Being a life long car guy, I tend to do that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts