Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I have had my Caddy for a couple years now and it has always bugged me that I just can't tell what's going on with my engine and now I can.
I ordered an ELM327 wifi OBD2 connector from fleabay for $13 I then downloaded a bunch of iPad compatible programs to test and after going threw them all I can say that Dashcommand from Palmer Performance was the best of them. Cost $19.99 for the full version and an additional $9.99 for my vehicle specific pids.
I can now see misfires per cylinder in real time, I also get to see my STFT and LTFT, 02 sensor readings, everything and anything I could really need for a educated diagnose when things go south and I'm staring at the ever ominous P0300 code or worse....
I know there are expensive options out there to get this information but I'm on a budget and have to save my cash to fix the car and not waste it on someone telling me what I need
to replace, so if your like me and want to see the live data stream but don't want to break the bank this is a great option for about the price of a full tank of fuel.
I bought a couple of the ELM327's from different sellers on fleabay and found the the ELM327's that come with the software disc are good and should work without any problems but the ones that state they come with a link to download the software were dicey and only worked once in a while if at all. EVERY UNIT I BOUGHT FROM STATEN ISLAND WAS BAD!!! Three different sellers and they were all junk, I did find a seller in MA that ships Priority mail and sells good units that work every time.
If you go this route and need help setting it up send me PM and I'll do what I can to help.
I really hope this helps someone who was getting as frustrated as me not being able to see what was happening in their engine.:)

This is for Apple products, for Android products there is a Blue Tooth ELM327 (apple does not support the blue tooth connection) and a free app called REV - although I have not used it I have heard nothing but positive reviews about it.

This started because I was chasing a miss and had purchased two new coils, plugs, spark boots and after a week or so I had another miss surface, without this software I could have never seen it was No. 7 missing at idle and when I switched coils around my miss moved to No. 2, problem solved, the brand new coil was bad from the factory, returned coil for a new one and after chasing this problem for weeks the problem was resolved, up until this point I was ready to drive it into the reservoir with 100lbs of sugar in the back seat and make the worlds largest lemonade! (What can I say I was a little bit pissy) but now she purrs just like new!

Since my first post just got deleted without any notification I can't see sticking around to help anyone else. Please delete this account.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,273 Posts
Since my first post just got deleted without any notification I can't see sticking around to help anyone else. Please delete this account.
========================
no need to delete the account -
just don't use it -
bye -

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,479 Posts
If his post went into one of the hidden forums reserved for those whose accounts are not fully registered it's anyone's guess.

jimbippy, Either post your trouble here or PM me - we can activate your account properly. Please supply sufficient vehicle and personal info to help the process. We have no idea what you own or are lookig for info on.

EDIT at 2108, EDT: I found your original and only post in the "deleted posts" forum - because your account was not properly registered. Please update your profile to show correct personal and vehicle info - there are lots of "Caddys" in here and it sure helps to know which one of the hundreds of models/engines you own. The original post is here now, merged into Post #1. Please don't get so snitsy - we're here to help - just ask. (Your original post has been edited to remove racist and ethnic insults)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts