Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 sts northstar
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes my car will start in PARK NORMALLY sometimes in neutral and sometimes not at all. Is there a fix i cando at home? No money for shop and can't seem to read codes right. all seems well except the starting and shifting.
Please help.

·
Registered
1999 sts northstar
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone a while back made reference to this problem but I can't find it now. perhaps it was Submariner but i currently have a 2 ton paper weight in the driveway and need help in the worst way. please help !

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,007 Posts
No START unless he wiggles the shift stick all over the place.

He has either a bad neutral safety switch or the shift cable is hanging up and not operating the transmission quadrant properly.

·
Registered
1999 sts northstar
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What exactly is the problem? What are the symptoms?
Sometimes it starts normally in Park and the other half of the time if it starts at all I have to sneak it from N towards R and then sometimes
it just won't start period. Yet after a trip home on the tow truck all is well again. Spent all funds on tows so now I need to somehow fix it my self. I am 100% disabled so it really stinks out loud. Thanks Ranger

·
Registered
1999 sts northstar
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No START unless he wiggles the shift stick all over the place.

He has either a bad neutral safety switch or the shift cable is hanging up and not operating the transmission quadrant properly.
Is there any way i can fix it myself in the driveway? Do I need special tools? Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did it get repairde?
Please help. Need car for Dr's and such. live way out in the sticks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts