Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 DeVille with the stock radio. (FM-AM, CD, CASSETTE)
-This is a Non Bose radio, & has No Navigation.
-It has the PTY button on the bottom . When pushed it reads "No Satellite radio". I know this was an option, and needs the digital radio unit & antenna to work.

My questions:
1) Can I use a non-GM satellite radio with the stock radio? I have seen add on units that have "lifetime free" satellite. I don't want to get into the monthly/annual subscription costs. I haven't been able to find pics of the back of the radio to get an idea of what I'm in for.
2) Is there a female plug on the back of the stock radio to allow a portable satellite radio (Sirius Sportster 4) to be added? I doubt it, but wishful thinking.

Love this Cadillac Forum site!!

·
Registered
1997 Seville STS, 2000 Seville STS
1,694 Posts
If you can find a "free" satellite radio signal, let us all know how to get it. Theres only one satellite radio company and they don't provide free service. You can get 3 months free when you buy a new car, in the hope you will renew at about 15 bucks a month for full access. They used to offer a "lifetime" subscription for about 750 bucks when there was only a couple of hundred thousand subscribers but I don't think they do that anymore.

The only way to add an aftermarket satellite radio is to use an adapter that connects between the radio and the antenna, its essentially a switch that disconnects the antenna and provides the satellite radio signal to the head unit in its place. They are pretty cheap, something like 25 to 30 bucks, and fairly simple to install if you can get access to where the entenna lead connects to the car radio.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Mark.
I found a picture of the back of the unit, and the stock radio doesn't have a female plug in. (2)
I'll have to research the after market units, or get a stock unit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread but just wanted to let anyone know that I had recently required an 04 Dhs that did not have XM it has the touchscreen radio. I bought a used xm tuner from eBay for I think $16, I had it sent out to a company called Iss located in Kent washington. They reflashed the tuner to accept a different Vin, so the radio wouldn’t lock. The coast was $45 plus $5 for packaging. Received the tuner back and plugged it into car. When I turned the car on XM button was now on radio. Did not have to go to dealer to have the option enabled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts