Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Wagon (Performance)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and I am looking for some help adding a rearview camera to the 2011 CTS Wagon my girlfriend just bought. I have been searching the forum and found a number of posts related to retrofitting a camera to pre-2011 cars where the camera was not available, but nothing about adding it to one that just didn't have it optioned.

So my question is, if I buy all the parts (trim piece, camera, harness, etc), will these parts plug and play into the existing harness (that I assume has a plug hidden in the liftgate somewhere), and will the camera work with the factory nav screen (or whatever the stock camera displayed on)?

On many previous cars I have owned, I know that the wiring is often present for options that are not actually installed (i.e. heated seats, add on subwoofer, homelink mirror), so you can often add options easily. I don't know if this is the case with this Cadillac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Wagon (Performance)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am only really interested in the OEM setup that works through the Nav screen. Before I buy parts I'd like to know if it's a relatively simple plug and play, or if I am looking at having to splice into the system or run separate wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts