Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i bought this radio harness because i thought it would work. it doesnt list eldorado asacar it can be used on but it has 97-02 catera 96-99 deville and 92-99 seville and i knowthe seville, deville and eldorado use the same radio (right?) well i looked at the harness and it looks like it will fit but its missing alot of pins is that okay?

heres some pics of the factory radio plug in it has every pin

not the aftermarket harness see its missing pins is that okay or can it be used the brand of it is scoshe

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well i just wasted an hour for nothing i did all the wiring and it didnt come on i think this harness is a piece of shit anyways heres a pic of this it has 2 plug ins on it maybe i'll just cut the factory harness and wire it to the car

if anyone has any idea of can help let me know somthing

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Catera radios are NOT the same. It might look the same but is not. You can only interchange the Tape module and the front display board and the audio processor chip. But connector/pin wise is the same.

Pin F1 – Power 12V (this is of when your radio turns OFF but your power button is pushed in: i.e. ignition OFF and door opened or 15 minutes after ignition OFF)
Pin F5 & E16 – Ground

If you have NON BOSE then:
E12 – RR Speaker (+)
E13 – RR Speaker (-)
F14 – RL Speaker (+)
F15 – RL Speaker (-)
E14 – FR Speaker (+)
E15 – FR Speaker (-)
F12 – FL Speaker (+)
F13 – FL Speaker (-)
F3 – Power antenna

On top of these, usually aftermarket radios require a continuous power wire to hold the settings and possibly a clock. This wire needs to be added to the harness (coming from the battery or any MaxiFuse).

If you have BOSE then is a lot more complicated. The HU is just part of the audio system. There is another part in the trunk called RIM then are the amplifiers, one behind each of the 4 speakers.

Aftermarket means you will lose the steering wheel controls, the PCM maintained clock, the CD changer, the chimes, memory settings, possible some IRC and many, many electrical gremlins.

Need more from your sound system…try this!

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the caddy didnt have an accessoires wire on the harness that was the issue but it came out great

·
Registered
93 El Dawg
1 Posts
What wire did you run for memory..... Im having major problems with my pioneer AVIC model. If it possible could you run me thru your wiring setup....

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado ETC
87 Posts
Necrosan, that’s awesome. I did a similar mod on my suburban last year. I've been a little intimidated by my Eldorado’s radio setup. You've inspired me to start planning for the mod! Would you mind if I asked some very specific questions and probably many of them?

First, what installation kit did you use for the dash or is it custom?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts