Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2014 leftover off the lot and it doesn't have heated seats but I know I will really miss that come next winter. Has anyone added heated seats either after market or OEM? The OEM heating pads don't seem too costly but the different control panel looks crazy expensive.

·
Registered
15 Escalade Plat SC, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 Range Rover SC
679 Posts
Can't say I've ever used my heated seats and I live in Wisconsin. I have used the cooled seat feature a few times. It's going to be quite expensive to do this I bet, you'd have to completely replace both front seats. I doubt it even can be done since youd then also need the control buttons or cue software to turn them on. I'm guessing those buttons are missing.

Get a heating pad and plug it in to the AC? Or just remote start the vehicle. Personally, I don't like my ass to be sweaty, but to each their own ;)

·
Registered
14 CTS 2.0T, (traded 08 CTS 3.6)
136 Posts
As I was looking at various CTSs, the dealer said they would add heated seats to base models for $600 (front seats, not factory equip) and said it was a fairly simple procedure. I never saw what they did for the control switch.

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T Luxury
40 Posts
the dealer said they would add heated seats to base models for $600
I got exactly same quote for my ATS. I was shocked why spoiler costs 500$ and adding heated seats just 600$
Finally I decide not to go this way as I have remote start.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My dealer said that they could (same price). Disclaimer: I only talked to the salesman about it, never got an official quote.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Luxury 3.6
36 Posts
It would be nice if the factory installed heated seats in my 14 Luxury actually worked. Turn them on to the highest setting and they never seem to get warm at all. There's really no telling where the heating element actually is in the seat. I would think the engineers would have tested the capability of this system before releasing it to production. Not sure a Cadillac retrofit to upgrade your seats to heated would even be worth the money.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Luxury 2.0
50 Posts
The heated seats in mine work well -- not as powerful as in our X5 which are so warm that I normally only use the 2nd setting -- and I'm still thinking if I get time I'll check with the dealer about getting the rear ones put in.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine work fine, too. After about 10 min I switch them off or to the lowest level, including on a -5F outing this past weekend. It's a personal preference thing, my wife will leave them on full heat even if it's 50 degrees outside.

·
Registered
2014 ATS, 2015 CTS
21 Posts
I was quoted $800 to add to mine but they said they couldn't do the passenger butt because of the occupant sensor. I believe it was an aftermarket rig. Either way, like others I don't really notice it that much. Actually miss my heated steering wheel more...h

1 - 10 of 10 Posts