Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand how to install a subwoofer -wiring, power, etc.

My main concern is where do I get the leads from on this car, since it doesn't have a dedicated line-out?

I need to know where to get the 12v trigger, and l/r channels, even if I have to use a high level converter (yuck). I'm tired of the crappy bass this car has - my girlfriends 2006 G35 with the STOCK system and no sub has more bass than my car with a base system. Coming from my STS with the 5.1 this is the worst system I've ever had.

Anyways, what's the easiest way to get those three? I can run the power myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Since day one, I have been disappointed with the sound of the stereo in my '09 CTS. While I feel it is adequate for lower volume listening, I find the lower end sounds (bass, etc.) just aren't there. I'm scheduled to have an amp and sub-woofer added next week. There is a small shop in town here that does excellent work and said adding it will be less than a 2 hour job, made easier because the batter is in the trunk. I've had this shop do a lot of work for me in the past and I trust their recommendations for what I want and their service.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am using the stock sub. If you use a aftermarket re-Q5 box, you can restore the base that the Bose presets take away. This is a volume sensing, base restoration device that install between the Bose power amp and the cars speakers. You can adjust the power to each of the 8 or 10 speakers. I installed two additional power amps and replaced all the crappy Bose speakers as well but that's a lot of work. I originally installed a separate sub but it took up to much trunk space. I get good base with the factory sub, though I do not drive it to high volumes because it is still a crappy Bose product and I don't want to blow it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts