Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac XTS-4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Once again.

Again new to my '13 xts4. Apparently the car came with adaptive cruise control. How do I use this. I pulled behind a car and we were rrunning at about 60mph. I set the cruise control and the hit the crash alert button on the stearing wheel but NO gap distance comes up to cycle through. I am going off a video I found on Youtube where it shows an SRX with what looks like the same gauges as my car (non fancy LCD version).

Is there something I am missing.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Vsport
32 Posts
My understanding is that if you set cruise control, you are automatically in adaptive cruise control (ACC) mode. That's how my 2014 xts works. I don't know where you are hitting the "crash alert" button, but that shouldn't be necessary.

All ACC operations are found on the left hand side of the steering wheel, same place where you set the ACC control speeds. The distance parameters are also there, where you can cycle through three options. If you have the HUD (heads up display), you should see all of this info as you access it.

You can google 'Manual 2013 Cadillac XTS' to find a link to the cadillac site where the user manuals are. Reading about ACC there will be your best bet.

Also, keep in mind that SRX operates with some significant differences from the XTS, so instructions for one are not necessarily transferable to the other.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac XTS-4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the heads up the issue I guess i am having is how you cycle through the gap distances? The crash alert button thing I mentioned to push was something mentioned in the video to cycle through the gap distance but didnt work for me. Also I did put my car in cruise control mode and with a car about a car and a half ahead of me and all the thing did was get closer and closer and closer with no signs of stop or slowing down. That is why I am confused

Also could you help me out with the mergency brake system? Because All I get is a bright led flash and seat shakes but car doesnt brake same with reverse except all that does is shake seat and a warning symbol comes on the gps screen.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Vsport
32 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac XTS-4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have read that and when I hit the button with the two cars about to hit it just brings up crash alert not gap distance. Also the emergency break system I have given up on I read the manual front to back on the emergency braking system with no luck also I am about to give up on the acc as well.

Thanks for trying though. I know yoju may ask why not go to dealership but I got the car used and it was a salvagae title. It was not involved in a wreck or anything just was involved in mino flood damage to the seats.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Vsport
32 Posts
Hmmmn ... that is strange about you getting crash alert rather than gap distance.

An explanation MIGHT be that in fact adaptive cruise control is not installed on your XTS. It comes standard only on the highest trim, Platinum. And is available only on the Premium trim as a rather pricey option.

Otherwise I don't know what to tell you about things like your parking brake not working, the acc, etc.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Platinum
173 Posts
I checked the icon on your steering wheel pic, left side of the wheel, top right. The icon is NOT the Adaptive Cruise Control icon, listed on page 9-49 of the manual. You DON'T have ACC, so you shouldn't look for auto braking, either with cruise control, or with forward or backward motion. So, avoid any dependence on that. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your car doesn't have ACC. Another way to confirm this is to check your front grille emblem. If it is encased in plastic, with a black background, you have ACC. If it is 3D, and you can feel it, (like most DTS, STS, and 2nd gen CTS emblems), you don't have ACC.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac XTS-4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate everyone's Help. This was one feature I wish i had but oh well. I assume it cost a bunch to ad as well.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
674 Posts
I have ACC on my loaded Premium and it works great, as does the auto braking in forward and reverse although I'm hesitant to try it out fully. I've just let it start to function then I override it with the brakes. I highly doubt you'd be able to add either to your car at this point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts