Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 srx
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 SRX. Adaptive cruise works fine, but when we are driving below set point behind another car and switch lanes so there is no car in front of us the car accelerates rapidly. Downshifts until car speed reaches cruise control set point. Does anyone else experience this? Is there a setting to change this?

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
In my experience, this will only happen if the difference in speed is great. So if you have it set to 65 and the car in front slows to 35, then you move out to another lane and no traffic is within site of the set radar distance, it will do what it must to get you to your set speed. It also depends what gear it is in when this happens. If you in a higher gear, it may not downshift to such a low gear that you notice it. Do you leave the radar at max distance? I find this works best.... If you really want some exhilaration, the first time I tried the feature, it was set to 75, the car was following in the right lane at about 50, then my exit came up and around the bend it took off like a rocket! At the time, I was on a 300 mile trip and used the ACC the whole way. Another fun one was when the car slowed down at the EZPASS lane for the car in front of us, it did a great job at bringing the car to a crawl through the EZPASS behind another vehicle, but when the car in front took off, Rocket ship back to speed. I was thoroughly testing it in all situations when this happen as I just got the car and a long trip to play. I must say when used correctly and in the right circumstances it is amazing! I use it all the time on long trips and rarely do I need to touch the brake or gas. Possibly in the future they can have it linked with the navigation system so when an exit or EZPASS toll comes up, it requests to disengage or hit to continue.

·
Registered
2015 SRX
31 Posts
That's the way it works. Unfortunately there is not a grandpa setting for the adaptive cruise recovery speed. You'll learn when to disengage it.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Can't wait for Super Cruise and Active Lane Control. Ford has these features since 2013. ( Not Super Cruise )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts