Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
None yet
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking for a used Magnuson for my 2006 for a while--~$7,000 for a new one is just absurd, and people taking them off their cars will pop up on the LS forums and Craigslist from time to time, but I haven't seen one lately.

But if you expand to other LS2 cars, it gets easier--there are a lot of Corvette LS2 Maggies laying around, and some Pontiac ones as well.

I assume an LS2 Maggie is an LS2 Maggie and the differences are in which way the intake points, etc.

Has anyone done this and have any idea of which parts are the same, and which I'll have to source new? And should I want to start with a Vette kit or a Pontiac? Or is the whole idea crazy and I shouldn't even be considering it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
The GTO maggie has the wrong belt offset and from what Magnuson says, the head unit isn't as far back as the V's maggie. That said, I'm pretty sure I've seen one modded to fit, but it's not cheap or easy.

The Vette maggie won't work at all. It's got the right belt offset but the head unit is too far forward and you will never get an intake on it or the hood to shut.

·
Registered
None yet
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The GTO maggie has the wrong belt offset and from what Magnuson says, the head unit isn't as far back as the V's maggie. That said, I'm pretty sure I've seen one modded to fit, but it's not cheap or easy.

The Vette maggie won't work at all. It's got the right belt offset but the head unit is too far forward and you will never get an intake on it or the hood to shut.
So essentially...don't try to do that. If I want a Maggie, it'll have to be a CTS-V-specific Maggie, it looks like.

If that's the case, it's probably time to look into other alternatives.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
Just did a quick look on eBay.

Didn't spot a used one for a Gen 1 CTS-V, but there are new ones for $6.6k.

That's a lot of coin.

·
Registered
None yet
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just did a quick look on eBay.

Didn't spot a used one for a Gen 1 CTS-V, but there are new ones for $6.6k.

That's a lot of coin.
Definitely. I'll adapt a E-Force (or something like that), or even sell the car and get something else before I drop $7k into a Maggie.

I see all these s/c-ed V1s for sale (and not selling)...I keep thinking someone will figure out that it's better to trade/sell the car as OEM as possible and sell me the s/c...but no one has yet. They just hang on to the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts