Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of Adam's Polishes products? A few of the guys in my truck club swear soo much by this produst that they became dealers for it. I tried the carwash once and was not impressed.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
We test every product that we can get our hands on, I tried their "Butter Wax" and thought it shined good but offered poor durablity. I want a product to last when your trying to keep big trucks looking good for a long time this is important, to do this you need a synthetic wax product.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The color on my truck is maroon so after a while it loses its deep look. I been looking for a wax that can hold the deep color and stand up to the sun down here in Texas. What do you recommend?

·
Registered
04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
433 Posts
www.zainobros.com

End of story. :)

Make sure you get the ZFX accelerator too. I have tried everything, and finally tried this and I am blown away by it. I only wish I hadn't waited so long to try it...

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille
397 Posts
Have you tried Meguiars gold class or Autofom? Those two I find leave a perfect finish

·
Registered
04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
433 Posts
2dfx said:
Have you tried Meguiars gold class or Autofom? Those two I find leave a perfect finish
I have tried meguires Gold Class and while it works well, Zaino blows it out of the water. And the Zaino is MUCH easier to remove, too...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mad -- What was it you didnt like about the soap?

hcvone -- have you heard or tried Poorboys?

Zaino is very nice stuff. Little too pricey for me but very nice look with great durability. No longer a Megs fan after using the Klasse twins and Poorboys.

Cujo

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The soap was hype-up soo much and when I used it, the strength of the soap didn't last long. I had to keep remixing a new batch. On top of all that it didn't do a great job of breaking down the dirt. I havn't tried their wax yet but will soon enough. I think maybe I'll try S-100.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mad'lac said:
The soap was hype-up soo much and when I used it, the strength of the soap didn't last long. I had to keep remixing a new batch. On top of all that it didn't do a great job of breaking down the dirt. I havn't tried their wax yet but will soon enough. I think maybe I'll try S-100.
S100/P21S are some nice waxes. You are also on Dodge Truck World? Did you read about the detailing party in N. Cali a while back?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Don't let them know I drive a Dodge!!!!! lol I honestly haven't been back there for a few weeks now. Mostly its either here or Ford Truck World. I'm watching the Texas Adams Detailing GTG thread closely though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
LOL .. what is your name on FTW? I have the same name there that I do here. Maybe I should hi-jack the Adams thread? LOL

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's Redrock. BTW Sweet looking Supercrew you got. Right now I'm not all that concern with the paint job on my truck cause in a year or so I'm gonna 2 tone it with Black Cherry on top and the stock maroon color on the bottom. Kinda like the silver&black Harley Truck. And here is the link to the FTW thread.

http://www.fordtruckworld.com/forums/topic.ten?id=196658

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks :) I need to sell her :( Since I lost my job a few months ago I have been trying to get my detailing biz up and running more. I wonder if Mumbly will let me send him some Poorboys to try out as well. Last I heard Mumbly wants to be a distributor of Poorboys.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shoot him an email. I'm sure he won't mind. Sorry to here about the job loss. I lost mine way back in May but landed on my feet taking over my father's pest control company. It also helped that I had paid off my truck. For me everything kinda feel in place. When I lost me job I was given a sev. pay that was enough to pay off all of my bills except the house and usual bills like electric and things like that.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Cujo31 said:
Mad -- What was it you didnt like about the soap?

hcvone -- have you heard or tried Poorboys?

Zaino is very nice stuff. Little too pricey for me but very nice look with great durability. No longer a Megs fan after using the Klasse twins and Poorboys.

Cujo

I tried three or their products, thier wax, the spray detailer and their wash (I will post the product I tried once I get out to the garage, their wax did not last very long, it did shine well but many products will do that, personally I want a product with very good durablity on my daily drivers. You use Klasse and Poorboys but Zaino is too pricey? I can do my Escalade 16-20 times with a 13 dollar bottle of Zaino. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts