Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'd like to fill a few spots on our forums with moderators who have a bit more time on their hands. The following spots are open:

Classifieds, Detailing, Suspension, XLR, Pushrod, Escalade, Future Caddy's

If you see any other forums that are not busy - and you feel you could change that, please reply here.

We have a few moderators that have gone nearly a month without posting a message. Dr. Jones hasn't been here in months, The Sandman's last post was on April 4th, Dead Sled's last post was on March 17th, and Devil concours' last post was on March 31st..

I'd like to get some die-hard Cadillac fanatics to take these areas and make something active of them.. Interested? Just say the word.. We've hit a bit of a wall around here lately - and it's my fault because I haven't had any time at all online - but I hope I can find a few people who can take over for now until I get back...

Thanks to all who've made this place great so far! I'm greatful to all - even those who haven't been here in some time. We've all contributed one way or another at one time or another...

Sincerely

Sal Collaziano
CadillacForums.com

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
In defense of DeadSled.....He'll be back after the military cuts him loose......Something about a war?.......I don't know, I think I read an article about it in the paper.....

I know, I know.....Always the smartass!

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
You've got a pm Sal...

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Eldo. :) I know DeadSled will be back soon - but in the meantime, I'd like to get some people in those areas that can keep things moving.. DeadSled is doing more important things like defending our freedom. :D

Otherwise, I'm sure everyone has important things of their own to do. One can't expect a person to make moderating a forum one of their priorities in life - but some people have more time than others and are better fits.. Let's see what happens...

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
You can always throw me in a few areas! I would say I have quite a bit of time on my hands (being the NO 3 poster!)

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Sal,
I'm wondering if we need to have so many individual areas. You know, each individual car gets it's own area etc. The other point I was thinking about was how about a forum just for quick technical help? You know, got a problem? post it here regardless of what car it is. Oh and I was thinking about an electrical section too.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
I think the individual areas seem bad now, but when there are more members it will be easier to sift through information

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know if I want to spread you too think now, Wes. I'm hoping to get some new people so the load isn't on anyone in particular.. But, I'm glad you asked..

Regarding the Quick Technical Help area - maybe that can take over as the General Cadillac area - and maybe I should move the General non-specific Cadillac topics into the General forum.. But, then posts would get lost in the stuff that has nothing to do with Cadillac (war, sports, etc).

The individual areas probably aren't the greatest right now. But what could I take away? I'm not SO worried about areas looking dead - I'm worried about areas with moderators who aren't around enough to create action...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Why do you moderate like that? I am a moderator at www.ricecopforums.com, we keep decently busy over there. Not hugj, but it is a nice community, that keeps going. The mods there just oversee the board, and help to keep things in line, make sure posts are on the right spot, and shite like that. I guess you don't get people here that come to just start trouble...but I never really saw the moderator position as one to try to motivate the board...sounds like managment to me : p

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I still think we should leave it as is, becuase if we start switching it around and then we decide to switch it back, we will inevitably loose posts.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moderators are supposed to moderate areas that specifically interest them. It's in their own best interest, really, to make the section work out. Over the years, things have changed and moderators don't do that as much any more - but, that's the way it used to be and still should be...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Our moderators aren't all that moderate......But the board is a fast paced place with lots of information on many subjects on it. The place is different and infinetly more interesting than any other Cadillac related board I've ever seen.......We could possibly make some minor logistical changes without affecting the flavor overall....But I think we're in pretty good shape.

I think you're right Reverend.....It is mangement to a degree, But it keeps the place from getting stagnant. I've been to a number of car related sites that are not as proactive but they are BORING! We don't have that problem here... There's always something going on here. That makes us different and I think, Kind'a cool!

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's okay, Devil.. Not a problem at all..

STSFreak - in time.. I think we're going to be okay for now.. Let's see what happens...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
don't kill me off yet! :D I've been had at work hardly workin but I try hard to get back and yap with you guys. this place has gotten huge since Ive left and I hope to see it grow more

1 - 19 of 19 Posts