Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Sedan deVille, 1997 Sedan deVille
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out a real nice '95 deVille today and it had an "Active Audio" radio setup. Is this anything like the Delco-Bose audio systems in other Cadillac years? My '88 deVille has the Delco-Bose system which sounds really nice. This "Active Audio" unit sounded good but not quite on par with the Bose IMHO, especially in the low end.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I am not sure what that is. I think it's still the Bose, but not the Gold series. According to my owners manual for my 95 Seville, all of the music systems are Bose, but the Gold series is the "premium" Audio. I think it's the "midgrade", between the base cassette and the Bose Gold.

·
Registered
1988 Sedan deVille, 1997 Sedan deVille
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks JC316;

My '88 deVille has the Gold Series and my mother's '91 Chev Caprice has a Silver Series... wonder if there's a "Bronze" series out there... HeHeHe :rolleyes:

This unit in the '95 deVille is a combo cassette & CD (in dash), unless there's a changer in the trunk.. haven't looked. I'm thinking of buying this car, its pretty neat.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
It must be a Deville only radio. My owners manual dosen't list it for a seville, but my service manual does list it for a Deville. It looks fancier than my Gold series, but it doesn't say what makes it special. I have heard that the older Bose speakers sound better than the newer ones, but since I have never owned any of the older speakers, I can't say for sure. I can tell you that the older ones sell for more on Ebay than the newer ones.

·
Registered
'93 ETC (N* 120k)
328 Posts
I have the same h/u in my 93 Eldo... I pulled it from a 94 STS in the salvage yard and plugged it right into my car... I wanted it for the combo cd/cassette.... You cannot play it loudly, when the volume gets loud in the car, the radio automatically reduces the volume (I assume to prevent speaker damage)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts