Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading how people (myself included) wanted to connect a reverse cam that connects into the auxiliary inputs that comes on when the vehicle is put in reverse.

Been looking at some schematics for the nav unit and noticed that one of the wires going into the back is for "Auxiliary Detection Signal". Anyone know what that's for? Will sending a hot signal to that switch the nav to aux mode?

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Past: 06 STS-V Allante, 05 V8 STS 05 CTS-V 08 CTS 06 CTS
321 Posts
I have a back up cam works only in low speed like under 2mph. Only thing is you have to be in aux mode it plugged into the yellow rca of my center console.
When I ran a lock pick it would stay on at high speeds kinda cool but my lock pick broke. Still need to send to tomm but its been like 2 years.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Past: 06 STS-V Allante, 05 V8 STS 05 CTS-V 08 CTS 06 CTS
321 Posts
Called a Lock pick search for tomm on the forums he makes them. They override to nav unit to think your parked when your moving.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Tomm Lockpick is the ONLY bypass available for the use of a back up camera. Other non modified lockpicks do not work in reverse.

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
I noticed the 07 and up escalade has the almost same nav unit and it has a backup camera....if someone could get a schematic and see where the camera was interfaced with the reverse switch it should be able to be done with ours...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder if the two radios can be swapped. Might be easier than splicing old wires and rewiring.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First pic is an STS nav unit and second is Escalade. Connectors seem different. Might be more of a hassle swapping the two. Mounting brackets are also different.

STS on top, Escalade on the bottom.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
The STS communicates on the 11bit GMLAN ... the Escalade "SuperNav" uses a 29bit GMLAN.
- A post from Tomm (lockpick guy) said that the STS was the only car to stay on the 11bit system after 2007 [not sure how accurate this is]
The STS uses the radio to store and recall personalization settings, the Escalade does not.
The STS handles MRC control via the radio, the Escalade doesn't have a selectable ride option.
The STS navigation is made by Denso, the Escalade navigation is made by Delphi.

They look similar on the outside but that is about it.

Other 11bit GMLAN cars are (as of a post from 2007) - found on a solstice forum so take with grain of salt:
Malibu Maxx
G6
Malibu
Cobalt
Aura
HHR
Solstice (I'd assume Sky would be as well)

So maybe you could find a car that had a backup camera from one of those and see if you could get that radio working in the STS... Good luck.

The _ONLY_ options IMHO are:

1. Replace OEM setup with Aftermarket solution.
2. Convince some company to make an interface to 'highjack' the OEM navigation display - I've tried to get it done but the company is just ignoring me.
3. Lose your Highbeams permanently (Intellibeam equipped STS) and replace interior mirror with one that has a LCD panel for backup camera purposes.
4. Mount some kind of 3rd party display somewhere for the camera and hope you don't get ticketed by the cops.
5. Ignore it and move on with your life.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's illegal to have a separate screen with a backup camera?

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
The STS communicates on the 11bit GMLAN ... the Escalade "SuperNav" uses a 29bit GMLAN.
- A post from Tomm (lockpick guy) said that the STS was the only car to stay on the 11bit system after 2007 [not sure how accurate this is]
The STS uses the radio to store and recall personalization settings, the Escalade does not.
The STS handles MRC control via the radio, the Escalade doesn't have a selectable ride option.
The STS navigation is made by Denso, the Escalade navigation is made by Delphi.

They look similar on the outside but that is about it.

Other 11bit GMLAN cars are (as of a post from 2007) - found on a solstice forum so take with grain of salt:
Malibu Maxx
G6
Malibu
Cobalt
Aura
HHR
Solstice (I'd assume Sky would be as well)

So maybe you could find a car that had a backup camera from one of those and see if you could get that radio working in the STS... Good luck.

The _ONLY_ options IMHO are:

1. Replace OEM setup with Aftermarket solution.
2. Convince some company to make an interface to 'highjack' the OEM navigation display - I've tried to get it done but the company is just ignoring me.
3. Lose your Highbeams permanently (Intellibeam equipped STS) and replace interior mirror with one that has a LCD panel for backup camera purposes.
4. Mount some kind of 3rd party display somewhere for the camera and hope you don't get ticketed by the cops.
5. Ignore it and move on with your life.
Damn you and your technical insight!
It was a good idea while it lasted though. .

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
It just suck we can't hijack the factory screen and would have to resort to something like that. ..
Cadillac is an a**hole !!!
We can run the signal from the camera to the Aux port on the monitor without the screen being used, no?

----------

Isn't there a video port in the glove box to run it to if you wanted to? Or is that just a sound port...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts