Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday, my wife went to work in her '02 lade. When it was time for her to leave work, her lade would try to start, but would not turn over. She called me to come help, but I was in a meeting and could not come for a couple hours!!

So she called her mom and got a ride home. She left her truck at her work, which the parking is inside a building. Mind you, she works at a hospital.

So when it was MY time to leave work, I went home first to pick up my wife, and jumper cables, battery booster pack, and drove to her work. As soon as we got there, I started her lade up and it starts right up!!!

To make long story short, it was a loose battery connection cable. I can wiggle it, and it just needs to be tighten.

After it starts up, my wife asks me to drive it just in case something happens. I said, okay, no problem.

I'm ALWAYS driving my EXT and never get to see what it looks like from others point of view, so it was nice to see how it looks on the road...

So while she was driving I snap some pics with my camera phone. :thumbsup:

Just thought i'd share. :)

Anyways, if you guys have action shots of your lades, post them up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2018 CTS
1,313 Posts
Looks good man! Thats not stock tint on the rear windows is it? I'm getting the escalade's windows tinted as well, 1% rear and 15% front.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro. :thumbsup:

I got 15% front, 15% middle, and rear is 5%. Looks really good all together.

·
Registered
2018 CTS
1,313 Posts
So when you got it tinted, did you have to go with a lighter tint on top of the stock tint to make it to those percents? How does that work?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So when you got it tinted, did you have to go with a lighter tint on top of the stock tint to make it to those percents? How does that work?
Im not sure myself, but the fronts didnt have tint when I first bought it. It was just clear. The middle however, that glass is tinted inside the glass which is the stock tint.

When they applied the 15% tint on the fronts, it is for sure 15%.

When they applied the 15% tint in the middle windows, that becomes darker, which i'm not sure what percentage it is now, but it now looks like 5%.

·
Registered
'06 Escalade Ext
247 Posts
DLE said:
Yesterday, my wife went to work in her '02 lade. When it was time for her to leave work, her lade would try to start, but would not turn over. She called me to come help, but I was in a meeting and could not come for a couple hours!!

So she called her mom and got a ride home. She left her truck at her work, which the parking is inside a building. Mind you, she works at a hospital.

So when it was MY time to leave work, I went home first to pick up my wife, and jumper cables, battery booster pack, and drove to her work. As soon as we got there, I started her lade up and it starts right up!!!

To make long story short, it was a loose battery connection cable. I can wiggle it, and it just needs to be tighten.

After it starts up, my wife asks me to drive it just in case something happens. I said, okay, no problem.

I'm ALWAYS driving my EXT and never get to see what it looks like from others point of view, so it was nice to see how it looks on the road...

So while she was driving I snap some pics with my camera phone.

Just thought i'd share.
Wow nice truck bro, love the wheels. your truck looks lowered. which kit did you go with ?

Here are some pix of my truck back in December, it was a cruise made to celebrate our national day hence our country's flags everywhere, 1st we gathered up north then cruised all the way south to BIC (Bahrain International Circuit). The we took a lap around the track then gathered around the VIP tower for pix. Enjoy the pix

1st pix of gathering :

Pic of my Ext ............... Pic of Truck+friends rides

Pic of friend's veilside 350Z...............Pic of friend's 383 Trans Am (433 RWHP , For dyno run click here, for Dyno Sheet click here
--------------------

On the way ( if you're wondering whats that red cloth, check the pix at the end of the post and you'l know :bouncy:)

Entering the BIC (1st truck is the lead car)

After taking the lap, going to VIP tower parking

at VIP tower

Sorry made this a long post but i got a bit exited :)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice truck man! I like it! Looks very good! :thumbsup: I like the platinum grill!!

Anyways, yes my truck is lowered 2/3". For my truck, I used front spindles 2" and rear Ground Force springs 3". It rides great!

·
Registered
'06 Escalade Ext
247 Posts
Thnx bro, you ought to get one for your truck, it looks best on black esclades !! im looking into mcgaughy kits, any idea how your kit and their's compare ? either way i want to get brakes first, stock brakes are no good for me

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thnx bro, you ought to get one for your truck, it looks best on black esclades !! im looking into mcgaughy kits, any idea how your kit and their's compare ? either way i want to get brakes first, stock brakes are no good for me

The McGaughy kits are great! Get the deluxe kit if you get it. Thats the lowering kit I have on my wifes '02 lade. It rides great. If I compare her lowerig kit to mine, i'd say the McGaughys are a bit better than the Ground Force, but not much difference. Either one rides and handles great! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not the type of action I was hoping for :(
The ones you are hoping for will cost you money buddy! :bouncy::thumbsup:

·
Registered
'06 Escalade Ext
247 Posts
sounds good, how much did McGaughy deluxe kit set you back? and please if you can tell me where can i find reputable website that has this kit for a good price, thanks :)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds good, how much did McGaughy deluxe kit set you back? and please if you can tell me where can i find reputable website that has this kit for a good price, thanks :)
I got both of my kits used from members here on this forum. You'll just have to keep your eye out. I dont know any other sites that sells them, but do a search and I remember seeing somebody posted them here before. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My wife and I took a mini vacation trip to the Oregon Coast over the weekend. Anyways, I did a little photoshoot with her lade by a bridge right by our hotel! Just thought i'd share :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts