Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 3.2L cts and would like to change the exhaust note. I dont know if I really care to go with a dual system. I have seen people here using magnaflow. That appears to be the only option if you want to just upgrade your exhaust without comitting to a dual system. a friend of mine also had a 3.2l cts before his volvo s60 and he tried running with just a magnaflow muffler, leaving the stock resonator in place, but he never got around to putting a tip on it. he said there was to much drone/resonance with that setup to me comfortable with so he replaced the stock exhaust and traded the car about a month later. he never did put a tip on it though, although i dont think that would make much difference.

my question is people that are installing magnaflow, do you get drone while at highway speeds? how much better does it sound when actually adding a tip? the dual exhaust systems, namely borla, cosra and bb claim no drone but i dont know if i want to spend on a true dual exhaust. i am NOT interested in the v exhaust at this time either.

my next question is achieving the desired sound? I just seen a recent post on here about people not putting up audio files of their setups. i think this would help. what i would ultimatly like is a more sporty sound. ideally something along the lines of the infinti g35 coupe as an example, not to loud but sounds a little more sporty then the stock cts exhaust which you hardly hear at all. i would really like to hear a magnaflow system on the 3.2 litre, i dont know how much they compare with the 3.6 due to timing the sound just isnt going to be the same.

what kind of sound does these systems give?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Scott, unless someone with a 3.2 has the magnaflow mod, the closest idea you'll get right now is from my sound clip on www.cadillacfaq.com. There is a sound clip of my 3.6 with Magnaflow exhaust and a Volant intake. As far as drone, I get some at 55-60, but it is minimal and I'm hardly at those speeds on the freeway anyway:shhh: - (I've gotten more drone since I added the V-axhaust) but since you are not going that route, you should be fine. Also, I don't think the tips wil make a difference...bear in mind that this only relates to my experience with my 3.6...I know your inquiry was to 3.2 owners, but I figure the sound clip may give you an idea of what you are in for

·
Registered
413 Posts
Why do you want to make your car sound sportier if it really isn't? It's like those little Hondas that sound like pissed off bumble bees. They "sound" fast, but they are all show no go. Your just doing yourself and all other CTS owners an injustice by doing that. Somebody is going to hear your car and think its fast, and then race you and smoke you. Do it right and get a full exhaust system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts