Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight some lady backed up into my front end. Now the right front and the head light are broken. We exchanged all info, but this still sucks big time!!!!!:mad:

Well, I am trying to get the bumper replaced by the V-bumper then. Might as well get some benefit out of it! :shhh:

·
Registered
03 CTS *sold*
66 Posts
When life gives you lemons... set up a lemonade stand.... start a franchise... sell that franchise and make millions.... then have someone make you lemonade. ;)

Sorry about your trouble.. atleast it wasn't really bad.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sound like a grunge like that, but see I don't get payed back for my lost time dealing with repair and driving a crappy rental car... so somehow it needs to pay, right?

Anyway, the lady in the Benz S500 seems to have a lot of money. She offered me to pay for the damage out of her own pocket, so it's definately going to be the V-bumper!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
70eldo said:
I sound like a grunge like that, but see I don't get payed back for my lost time dealing with repair and driving a crappy rental car... so somehow it needs to pay, right?

Anyway, the lady in the Benz S500 seems to have a lot of money. She offered me to pay for the damage out of her own pocket, so it's definately going to be the V-bumper!
Check the FAQ section. It has all the V-hardware you need. There are a lot of extra stuff you need. You may need to cough up some cash of your own, which still would be a bargain. Also remember for it to look right you need to paint your grill the body color. I'm sure that will be cheaper as they already have the paint prepped.

Attachments

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided to just go for the V grille. Otherwhise I will end up needing to also upgrade the side skirts and the rear bumper :D

I still have this exhaust mod in the planning, as soon as I find out where I can have it done where it will be according TüV specs. And I rather have that than a V nose and a single exhaust...

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
70eldo said:
Sweet, I love dumb B!TCHes sometimes haha, she just bought you a V-Bumper! Did you have Xenon HID's? If not, you should now! lol

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, it's not going to be the V-bumper. Just the grille. I do have the Xenons, as I have the Sports Luxury package. I still need my budget for the dual exhaust, so I don't want to invest the extra costs for the V-nose and with that the side skirts and the rear bumper.

I don't want to appear to be a V when it's only a 3.2 either...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
70eldo said:
No, it's not going to be the V-bumper. Just the grille. I do have the Xenons, as I have the Sports Luxury package. I still need my budget for the dual exhaust, so I don't want to invest the extra costs for the V-nose and with that the side skirts and the rear bumper....
Good Choice Eldo. The bumper/skirt deal is really pricey and adds zero HP.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Alright! The workshop just called me that all parts arrived! Now that is pretty fast! They want to repair the car tomorrow. I am really excited about the new grille!

They arranged a 300C for me as a rental! :D

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
70eldo said:
Alright! The workshop just called me that all parts arrived! Now that is pretty fast! They want to repair the car tomorrow. I am really excited about the new grille!

They arranged a 300C for me as a rental! :D
I looked into it for you Eldo. You're set up with a vintage Ralley Red Yugo.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's awesome! That will give me no problems parking here in Hamburg. I should make some picktures of the parking situation here!

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I drove around in this 300C today. It's freaking hughe. It drives like a slammed dodge truck. The outside design looks nice, but the inside could've used some more fantasy.

The brakes are sloppy and it scares me in the corners.

And I have to do with it until Friday, the worst 'till Monday. But I get it back with a new front, the V grille, new air vents and a complete check!

·
Registered
2005 CTS
3 Posts
Same thing happened to me, i was able to claim the bumper and the grille. Sorry for the crappy picture quality, i'll get some high-res ones soon.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They phoned me today that the rear brakes need to be replaced. They asked me if they should do the oil too. I said to forget about the oil for now, because I am thinking to getting it done cheaper by getting my own Mobil 1.

Front brakes were replaced earlier...

Anyway, I am really looking forward to get my car back again!

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked my car up last night. I am soooo happy!!!
The grille looks awesome!!!! It's not done around here and the workshop even called me up to ask me if I was sure it would fit. So I think I am the first in Hamburg to have an 03 with this grille and the new rear bezel.

They returned the car to me totally cleaned and waxed and the interior totally cleaned! Even the wheels were cleaned! They also replaced the whole right head light unit. I guess in precaution as it was not broken as far as I know of. So they even polished the left unit to match the right one!

Man, I feel so cool in this car now that I grin all the way! :D

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
70eldo said:
I picked my car up last night. I am soooo happy!!!
The grille looks awesome!!!! It's not done around here and the workshop even called me up to ask me if I was sure it would fit. So I think I am the first in Hamburg to have an 03 with this grille and the new rear bezel.

They returned the car to me totally cleaned and waxed and the interior totally cleaned! Even the wheels were cleaned! They also replaced the whole right head light unit. I guess in precaution as it was not broken as far as I know of. So they even polished the left unit to match the right one!

Man, I feel so cool in this car now that I grin all the way! :D
We're happy for you too Eldo!:bouncy: :D I can see you strutting down Main St. now.:banana:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts