Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black Ice Premium AWD SRX
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all -

I traded in my 2000 ETC on Friday for an 04 SRX-V8 (so I've done gone and changed forums :) ). So far, so good, with one caveat. I'm having trouble figuring out the correct answer to this issue:
According to the owner's manual, the accessory power outlets should lose power 10 minutes after the ignition key is removed/turned off. My outlets are staying on continuously (which is not what I want) :banghead: . I also see the manual says the outlets can be 'programed' to remain on permanently by moving a couple of fuses. Sooooo, I looked at the fuse block and it appears the fuses are in the correct position for the 10 minute time out.

Long question short: Does anyone else have this issue and/or so you know how to fix it?
Many thanks!
Dechief4
 

·
Registered
2007 N* Thunder Gray/Ebony AWD/NAV/MRC
Joined
·
875 Posts
dechief4 said:
Howdy all -

I traded in my 2000 ETC on Friday for an 04 SRX-V8 (so I've done gone and changed forums :) ). So far, so good, with one caveat. I'm having trouble figuring out the correct answer to this issue:
According to the owner's manual, the accessory power outlets should lose power 10 minutes after the ignition key is removed/turned off. My outlets are staying on continuously (which is not what I want) :banghead: . I also see the manual says the outlets can be 'programed' to remain on permanently by moving a couple of fuses. Sooooo, I looked at the fuse block and it appears the fuses are in the correct position for the 10 minute time out.

Long question short: Does anyone else have this issue and/or so you know how to fix it?
Many thanks!
Dechief4
You said the fuses appear top be in the correct position.
What position are the fuses in?
Did you move the fuses?
It appears the fuses can be moved to the left or right. The diagram on the lid shows the front fuse (OUTLET) to the left and the back fuse (I/P OUTLET) to the right.

My outlets have been on all the time. Did some fuse moving and could not get it work with the ignition on only. In fact, the ignition did not seem to make any difference. With the back fuse left and the front and the front fuse out the back outlet was the only one working. With the back fuse out and the front fuse right only the middle (back seat) worked. ??? I would like to have the 10 minute feature as well but do not see how to make it work. Will let the dealer look at it. Our build date is 11/03.
 

·
Registered
2012 Black Ice Premium AWD SRX
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote: You said the fuses appear top be in the correct position.
What position are the fuses in?
Did you move the fuses? :Quote

The fuses came in the position indicated on the fuse block lid. Yes, I did move them and got essentially the same results as you. Let me know what you find out from your dealer and I'll do the same.

Thanks!

Decheif4
 

·
Registered
2012 Black Ice Premium AWD SRX
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, got this one figured out today - had the SRX in the shop for them to do the lower control arm recall. Also asked them to look at the accessory power problem. Turns out I needed a relay to be installed - at my expense, unfortunately. The relay cost $10 + labor, grrr, but at least the outlets now work the way I want them to.

Dechief
 

·
Registered
2012 Black Ice Premium AWD SRX
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Johnz said:
They charged you to have the outlets work as described in the manual?

:hmm:
Well, yes, they did, but I was able to 'display my dissatisfaction' enough that they reversed the charges. In any case, it now works as described...
:thumbsup:

Dechief
 

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS
Joined
·
468 Posts
Can you give me any description on that relay? Am taking mine in again to have them work on the body mis-alignment and would love to ask for a free relay.
 

·
Registered
2012 Black Ice Premium AWD SRX
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mack1a said:
Can you give me any description on that relay? Am taking mine in again to have them work on the body mis-alignment and would love to ask for a free relay.
Sure - Here is the verbatim description from the service order: "Accessory power does not shut off after 10 mins. Relocated fuse's to outer position & installed relay in spare position in under hood fuse block."

Qty: 1 Part number: 88953222 Description: 2.485 Relay Unit Price: 8.06

Hope this helps (and good luck on getting it free!)...

Dechief
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top