Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 2000 SLS, 2008 Shelby GT500 Convertible, 67 Shelby Clone, 2016 Mercedes C300
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what else to check other than fuses for these ports when they quit working. I checked the fuse in the fuse panel, it tested ok.. How can you test the relay and is there anything else to check? My rear accessory port has not worked for a year, my front one just quit working the other day. Any advice is appreciated... thanks, Mike

·
Registered
2006 XJ, 2000 Eldorado ESC--total loss :(
1,180 Posts
Have you tested the socket with a voltmeter or a test light? Or is there no voltage at the wires right at the socket?

I've seen cig lighters where the side contact was too poor for actual devices to work, even though there was 12v at the center pin.

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,505 Posts
Check the fuses in the underhood box. Also, your (our) 12V power ports (2) can be configured to stay on indefinitely or drop out with RAP. Depends on which side of the 3-hole socket the fuses are placed in.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2000 SLS, 2008 Shelby GT500 Convertible, 67 Shelby Clone, 2016 Mercedes C300
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was the fuse under the hood, found out why the back one is not working, the fuse was missing for it. Thanks for the help!! I only checked under the rear seat, not the hood- I figured it had to be something simple, glad everyone is so helpful on this site! Thanks, Mike...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts