Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the acceptable temperature for 1998 Deville? My car was losing coolant so I had the thermostat and water pump replaced. I see that it still gets hot when idling. It seemes to stay around 94 celsius when driving, but actually goes up to 103-105 when stopped and running with the air conditioner running. Is this acceptable, or is there something else I should do? Thanks in advance for any help offered. One other thing, does anyone know where to get a drivers side light cover, it blew off while driving down the highway.

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
The temps you are talking about are quite good really, only 210 to 215 degrees when Idling, if you turn off the ac, it should go up to 220 or more, this is also normal as some members have reported up to 235 or more, it does have a 18psi surge tank cap which also helps. It is also great to have a proper readout for the temp, the gages really do not tell you anything other than a spot to keep the needle.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,996 Posts
210-215 is perfectly normal. Have you found the leak?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there doesn't seem to be a leak anymore, now that the replacements were made, thanks everyone for the info/help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts