Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After cleaning my Throttle Body and then having BG's Fuel/Air Induction service performed at the dealer, I started to notice some accelerator vibration.

The vibration occurs when I press on the accelerator. I don't have to push a lot, maybe half way and sometimes less.

Anyone know what may be wrong?
Thanks...

·
Registered
96 SLS
160 Posts
What type of vibration? Is coming through the steerin wheel or the whole car? I had vibration problem mainly between 25 and 40. Turned out to be bad inner CV half shaft. Lift front of car and support. Turn wheel by hand and watch for up and down movement by transmission.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the accelerator. Only the pedal and nothing else.
Sorry I forgot to mention that. That's the most important part but I was so busy typing I didn't make sense out of it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any codes? Let's hope the things you had done didn't clog an injector.
Yikes...
I have no codes scrolling, but let me go and scan again.
It's not real bad, just noticeable and not usual. BRB...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... No codes at all, other than the RF2560 which is a mis-reading. Comes up sometimes when I scan.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Hmm, my 98 does the same thing at half throttle, around 2500RPM. I ignore it since it doesn't seem to affect it in any way.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EXACTLY!
Just a little past the 2500 mark.

Hmm, my 98 does the same thing at half throttle, around 2500RPM. I ignore it since it doesn't seem to affect it in any way.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
EXACTLY!
Just a little past the 2500 mark.
At first, I thought it was air in the power steering, but I have done the purge process MANY times and it still does it. It runs as smooth as silk at idle, it's always just past 2500RPM.

I looked everywhere and still couldn't find the culprit, so I am thinking that it's alright.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It may be fine. It's just so damn annoying. It causes me to keep pushing it to feel it and think about what the hell it is. Oh well. No one really seems to know...

·
Registered
1997 SLS
550 Posts
Another very remote possible problem could be a failing fuel pump. I had one do that but it didn't exhibit the problems you speak of...just the occasional hard starting. It would idle just fine, but trying to accelerate, there was a problem. How old is your fuel pump?

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
It may be fine. It's just so damn annoying. It causes me to keep pushing it to feel it and think about what the hell it is. Oh well. No one really seems to know...
Find 3will3rd here. Tech who knows everything bout them Caddies, seriously.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll fine 3will3rd. Thanks.

I don't know how old the fuel pump is. Good question.
Sometimes I will slow to 30 MPH and nail it and it just sets there.
I either don't have it in the right gear or it's not getting fuel.

I'll check it out and contact the tech from above ^ Thanks!

·
Registered
Cadillac
31 Posts
The fuel thing makes sense to me as well. Been having the same problem with the vibration, and i noticed the other day the fuel filter was rusted around the oustide. Could be getting jammed. Changing tonight. let you know what happens

·
Registered
1997 SLS
550 Posts
Ibwd and 2000 Seville, It could be a clogged fuel filter or bad fuel pump. Take it to a shop and have the fuel pressure tested. I think they just connect a gauge to the nipple on the front fuel rail and get a reading. Sorry, I don't know what it should be, but I think Ranger knows. By the way, a fuel pump change-out is a dangerous job - someone on this board has done it so it's not impossible. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll have mine checked and probably swapped out too, at the shop. Thanks. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts