Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, can you turn off the adaptive cruise control and just have regular cruise control? I love it, but my husband isn't a fan.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
taylor7373 said:
So, can you turn off the adaptive cruise control and just have regular cruise control? I love it, but my husband isn't a fan.
You cannot turn off ACC that's a safety feature. It works FYI.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
I think adaptive cruise is one of the best electronic additions to the interstate driving experience since the incorporation of nav systems! It may turn itself off ...and will tell you that....if conditions are not right, and, you can override the system if need be, but you cannot simply set it to function as "standard cruise."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I personally love it and agree that it works perfectly, unfortunately my husband didn't. He changed the spacing and still wasn't a fan. Oh well. Just thought I'd check?

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
155 Posts
My wife hates it on her 2015 SRX. The day after I bought it she ask me to turn it off. I said you can't. She was like I will pull the fuse… I laughed and told her there was no way. She then said she would cut the wire to it. I then started crying laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I like it on my Lade

Joey

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
My wife hates it on her 2015 SRX. The day after I bought it she ask me to turn it off. I said you can't. She was like I will pull the fuse… I laughed and told her there was no way. She then said she would cut the wire to it. I then started crying laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I like it on my Lade

Joey
Don't forget these words of wisdom: happy wife, happy life!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
293 Posts
I absolutely hate it. It needs work to perfect.
The problem is that the laser reads and reacts to the car in front way too soon which causes braking and then sudden acceleration when you pull into the passing lane. I find the vehicle slowing down 50 yards away. If you don't move out into the passing lane 100 yards before passing, way too much gas and brake wear will result.
If I could ditch it, I would.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
You could choose between acc and regular cruise on my Lincoln MKT. GM should have given that option to choose as well.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
George C said:
I absolutely hate it. It needs work to perfect. The problem is that the laser reads and reacts to the car in front way too soon which causes braking and then sudden acceleration when you pull into the passing lane. I find the vehicle slowing down 50 yards away. If you don't move out into the passing lane 100 yards before passing, way too much gas and brake wear will result. If I could ditch it, I would.
You can choose the farthest distance and that doesn't cause the hurry up acceleration.

·
Registered
None
438 Posts
You can choose the farthest distance and that doesn't cause the hurry up acceleration.
I didn't like it either. .. that is until some yahoo unexpectedly cut me off and it reacted much faster than I could. A most definate accident was avoided. I love it now.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
perlmane said:
I didn't like it either. .. that is until some yahoo unexpectedly cut me off and it reacted much faster than I could. A most definate accident was avoided. I love it now.
I tested it on a curve and because of the sweeping turn it did not detect it until it was close and it did what it's supposed to do: seatbelt pretensioned and locked the brakes to a complete stop!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
broncophil said:
i dont even notice it.. so are you guys are saying that its always on?
You have to tap the bar on the left down to activate ACC. The front emergency brake, that I haven't tried yet.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
You have to tap the bar on the left down to activate ACC. The front emergency brake, that I haven't tried yet.
Careful....we are talking two different systems here.....the Adaptive Cruise is either on or off depending upon whether you push the button or not. The "collision avoidance system" which uses some of the same detection system as the ACC, is ALWAYS ON.....someone does something stupid in front of you, the system WILL react in an attempt to avoid the collision.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
blit184 said:
Careful....we are talking two different systems here.....the Adaptive Cruise is either on or off depending upon whether you push the button or not. The "collision avoidance system" which uses some of the same detection system as the ACC, is ALWAYS ON.....someone does something stupid in front of you, the system WILL react in an attempt to avoid the collision.
The front collision avoidance is always ON that is correct and I have not tried it yet. But the ACC will stop you to a complete stop.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes it does. The only thing the gap adjustment does is regulate the following distance once both vehicles achieve the same speed.
The laser still slows the vehicle down from the next county away until the speeds are the same, then it adjusts the gap.
The system sucks... It's somewhat useable in very very light traffic. Heavy traffic is just not worth using the CC at all.
It's wastes gas and its eventually going to kill brake pad wear.
It's just plain terrible..

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Yes it does. The only thing the gap adjustment does is regulate the following distance once both vehicles achieve the same speed.
The laser still slows the vehicle down from the next county away until the speeds are the same, then it adjusts the gap.
The system sucks... It's somewhat useable in very very light traffic. Heavy traffic is just not worth using the CC at all.
It's wastes gas and its eventually going to kill brake pad wear.
It's just plain terrible..
Well frankly.......cruise control, in its first formats (middle 60's) , was never intended for "heavy traffic" .... the idea was to use it on the interstate when "cruising".....as such, the ACC, which is many steps beyond the early systems, works very well....I just spent the last 4 yrs in the Mercedes version of the same....and, both systems work VERY well.....I never ever used CRUISE on local roads, suburban traffic, etc.....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well, I'm not sure what you call heavy traffic, but there are very few instances when you are "cruising" all by yourself.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
ACC actually works well in traffic as long as you don't change lanes. It follows the flow. My only worry is when it slows down does it light up the brake lights to warn traffic at the back?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts