Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question, I have been tackling my ac problem for awhile and can't seem to find the problem, so i'm asking for help. The problem is my ac sytem only run in econ and not in auto, its on a 1998 deville.. I had the ac system check and was told the pcm is not communicating with the ac. so thats whats not letting the compressor kick on, any one have any thoughts anything will help?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,572 Posts
1. Add your year and model to your profile so we know what we are talking about.
2. Pull the DTC's. Most likely you will find a low refrigerant code. That will disable the compressor to prevent it from self destructing. The DTC's must be cleared to enable the compressor before the system can be charged. Nothing wrong with your PCM. Whoever told you that does not understand how the system works.

·
Registered
1998 Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I had the PCM checked and well you're right nothing wrong, but the shop said that the ecu is not communicating so it doesn't allow the ac to work. Any idea on what they are talking about. They adviced me to take it in to a dealer. Is this something I can fix at myself.

·
Registered
'87 Coupe DeVille 4.1L FWD(New engine '08) 1981 F100 '03FXDL
879 Posts
'not communicating' can mean a bad sensor/loose wiring connection/broken wire. Posting all codes would be helpful....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts