Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Eldorado
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally wore down my father in law to sell me his 89 eldo I have been coveting for the last 15 years. Anyway he just had the heater core replaced before I got it from him and now when I put on the AC it only comes out the defroster vents . Is there a quick fix to this or should I send it back to the dealer to fix their screwup (if in fact they did)?

·
Registered
2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K
787 Posts
You have a vacuum issue. Either the dealer disconnected some vacuum lines or you have some cracked and broken lines. Those old lines break very easily but can easily be replaced with rubber vac lines once you find them.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
If you are mechanically inclined, open the hood and look for a vacuum hose off at the firewall area. If not, take it back with the receipt and be firm with the fact that it now doesn't work since the core replacement.

·
Registered
1989 Eldorado
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help. I took it back to the dealer and they said that the computer needed to be reset and now it works...no charge from them.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
Thanks for your help. I took it back to the dealer and they said that the computer needed to be reset and now it works...no charge from them.
That's interesting. On my 89 Deville the AC did the same thing. Finally had some side shop ask me if my parking brake worked, I said no, he plugged the vacuum line that went to the parking brake and then the AC started blowing to the correct vents!

Glad yours works again!

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
The computer being reset is a BS explanation, they just reconnected a hose. Bottom line is its fixed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts