Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back in from vacation and havnt driven the truck in like 2 weeks.. Anyway i was driving with the windows down and the AC on full blast.. i thought i felt the air was cold but now im not sure.. anyway i was stopped waiting to get in the car wash when i realized that hot air was blowing out.. i checked everything but i cant get cold air.. i got it on 60.. have the little snow flake symbol and everything.. but not cold air.. any ideas on what it could be before i bring it in to the dealer?? maybe something i could check myself?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only a year and half and only 6500 miles? seems kind of early for that but then again i guess i have it on full blast almost all the time

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Seems too early. lol. But you never know. It can be because you have it full blast all the time. OR, hopefully there is no leak!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yeah it shouldn't leak out that fast but there are other factors.

I noticed on my 02 lade that it would blow ice cold driving, and kinda warm at idle. I decided to get a can of the R134 and put the whole thing in and it worked great thereafter.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well not sure what happened but today i started the truck and as was ice cold...so now who knows what the hell happened.. maybe a computer glitch or something..

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
If you are on the low side with freon your A/C will work at times, there is a low pressure switch that will cut off the compressor to protect it from running without freon, you maybe in that mode. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would take it to the dealer, as I started to experience that last spring and by the middle of summer I had no a/c. I had leaks in both of my high/low pressure nozzles. They replaced/recharged and I have been ok so far.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
540 Posts
You are not going to know if you have a leak till you use a sniffer on it. No I am not talking about Bobby and Whitney:) There is a tool that will detect freon and beep more for heavy concentration and less if you have a little. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts