Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for Ranger or anyone that can help. AC not coming out of dash. Coming out of windshield and floor vents. From prevoius post's on this problem, I have checked under the dash, ran the temp from 60 to 90. In the "box" where I imagine the doors are located I see the arm on top and the one on the bottom both actuate and move their full distance. The floor vents go from cold to hot and back again, but I NEVER get the air to the dash. I believe this tells me the motors are working and I do get heat and AC, but never from the dash do I get AC. I also believe from this that my vacuum is OK.What would be the next step-please. I get too dizzy from laying upside down -looking up, to do this for long. I am new to this site and would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found problem-help was from another thread. One of the 4 vacuum lines to the climate control was PARTIALLY off. Untill I took it out and held it close, I could not see that it was half on. Must go to the other thread to thanks those guys. Great site for info.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,996 Posts
Glad you found it. Saved me the trouble of telling you it was a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac DHS
28 Posts
I have AC that comes out of the passenger side dash vents ONLY. Nothing out of the 2 vents on the driver's side.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,996 Posts
If you are talking about A/C (cool on one side only), you probably need to add a bit od refrigerant. If you are talking about heat, start by checking the DTC's. Might be an actuator. If not, maybe a heater core flush is in order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts