Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
193 Posts
Are those the type that spin freely on the line so you can't remove them easily?

Sent from Earth II using Tapatalk V

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
193 Posts
I think it will be one of the two pictured below...

After those 2 there's only 1 more possiblity, and that's a fuel line disconnect. I don't believe that's needed here but I'll add it to the list for good measure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it will be one of the two pictured below...

After those 2 there's only 1 more possiblity, and that's a fuel line disconnect. I don't believe that's needed here but I'll add it to the list for good measure.

Thank you but none of these tools work for the clamp/retainer in question.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >136k miles
900 Posts
Check this video. Your connector appears around 5:55 time, but he only has stills for that one. Maybe it will be helpful(?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check this video. Your connector appears around 5:55 time, but he only has stills for that one.
Check this video. Your connector appears around 5:55 time, but he only has stills for that one. Maybe it will be helpful(?)
Thanks, I saw that video while searching for an answer. Those clips are different. The tools being used don’t fit into any of the slots available on my clips. I’ll take some photos but keep in mind I butchered these a little getting them off. These clips wound up just taking an electrical connector plug tool to push down into the top of the latch mechanism and it popped right open. Not where ANY videos or photos I’ve found indicated the release would be. And much smaller than any tools other than electrical connector plug removal tools which is what I used.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Watched it again. You were correct. He shows this type right around 5:55. I hadn’t let it play out all the way. Like I tell all my junior mechanics. Keep reading. Our own words often come back to bite us in the ass. Thank you all!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts