Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Eldo
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I actually have two problems right now that are driving me a little crazy. The first one is a ac leak. My ac was blowing hot air, so I bought a recharge kit to fix it. After I recharged it, the air was ice cold but there is a major leak under the hood. I attached a pic and circled in red where it is leaking. Does anyone know how I would go about fixing this?

Second problem is the blower fan. Sometimes the defroster fan will stay on when the car is completely off and it will run my battery down, and othertimes it will not come on at all. One time I shut the car down and the fan turned off like it normally would, but the next day I came out the battery was dead. So this means that the blower fan must have kicked on while the car was off. As of right now, it is working fine. Is this just a faulty switch? If so, how would I go about replacing it?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,971 Posts
Can't tell from that picture, but if there is a fitting there it probably needs to be resealed ("O" ring maybe).

The fan problem might be a failing fan. I think the '94 may have had a separate control module (not sure) and that might be the cause.

·
Registered
1992 STS
70 Posts
Here's a question: Could the fan running be due to the "afterblow" feature I've read about?

My car ('92 STS) had a bad control module which kept the fan running continuosly- it never shut-off on it's own. Sounds like the problem here is not constant blowing, but that it will cycle on-off which indicates that the control module is capable, but may be getting "orders" from a faulty component elsewhere...

Is there a sensor that tells the module to run the fan? I am not familiar with the makeup of this system, only the features, so I'm just guessing/asking if there is something that senses moisture and starts the "afterblow" sequence...

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,971 Posts
No, afterblow is a time operated only, no sensors. When enabled it runs for something like 1 min., every 10 min. or something like that for an hour I think (don't quote me here). After that hour it shuts off completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts