Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got my car back last Friday from the body shop. Since then, my heat and air only blow out at the lowest available speed. It gets warm and cold, it just will not blow out. Any ideas on this?

·
Registered
´67 Eldorado, ´96 Eldorado
522 Posts
Check trouble codes first - maybe they tell something...
Oh, yes - what car, what year? :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My service light has not came on since I've had the car back. It's a 1996 Seville STS. The body shop had to replace most of the front end, which included the fan, and that little radiator thing, but I believe it's for the AC. I can hear the compressor kicking on and off when ac is on, and I hear clicking when I change it to heat. I just cannot get it to blow out? Almost sounds clogged...

·
Registered
´67 Eldorado, ´96 Eldorado
522 Posts
...Almost sounds clogged...[/QUOTE]
It is one possibility. I am not familiar with 96 cars HVAC systems - maybe someone here can help you more...
But some codes not show ses light, so check codes - it may help you;)

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Don't these cars have air filters for the HVAC? There is a possibility that that is clogged. Apparently they're fun to change too. Click here for the thread explaining how to get at it (if you have one).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the 97's on were equipped with the cabin filter. I checked my codes, showed nothing of interest. I'm just having a load of problems, my keypad remote quit working. I tried reprogramming it to no avail. It's gonna be tough to go without heat in the winter, the heated seats can only do so much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts