Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 1992 Cadillac Seville Everytime I Get In My Car The Defrost Is Stuck On ,and I Cant Cut It Off ,and None Of The Buttons Will Do Anything ,its Lit Up But None Of The Buttons Work Its Stuck On Defrost On 75 ,,,,sometimes Ill Get Inthe Car In The Morning And The Whole Panel Will Work And I Can Control Everything But It Seems Like When The Car Warms Up It Cuts Off And The Defrost Is Stuck On Again ,i Changed My Ecm Computer And It Started Working Again For About 15 Min And Went Out Again ,and One More Thing When My Defrost Is Stuck On My Engine Temp Reading Is Not Working And My Miles Per Gallon Meter Isnt Working But Sometimes In The Morning It All Works And Then When The Car Warms Up It All Cuts Off But The Defrost Its Driving Me Crazy Any Help!?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Either a bad cluster/IPC or a problem on the UART circuit 800.

I bet if you check the codes you will have a bunch of 'loss of data' codes.

Logan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Logandiagnostic said:
Either a bad cluster/IPC or a problem on the UART circuit 800.

I bet if you check the codes you will have a bunch of 'loss of data' codes.

Logan

thanks for replying guys i checked all my fuses they are all good,,,if it is a bad cluster or UART circuit 800.
how much are they to replace ,ive got a 830 appointment with the cadillac dealer in the morning im tired of messing with it im frustrated ,,its weird it only works when i start the car for the first time in the morning then when it warms up it cuts off ,,and i changed my alternator and now my service ride control is on ,im telling u its one thing after another talk to yall later ,,again thx for the reply,s

ps.these are my codes i got :I033 ................................ Loss of Supplemental Inflatable Restraint Data
I034 ........................................ Loss of Powertrain Control Module Data

I037 ...................................... Loss of Air Conditioning Programmer Data
I039 .......................................... Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data

I052 ....................................................... Keep Alive Memory Error

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yeap, its a bad cluster or bad computer on the UART circuit 800.

If you are going to the dealer get ready to bend over. I hope their techs understand UART failures.

Reman clusters from Delco radio/speedometer repair shops are about $300 exchange. Thats if you carry it in. Your dealer will charge you $600 just for the cluster. Be aware that a bad cluster can test 'ok' on the Delco test equipment.

It could also be one of the other computers on the loop pulling the rest of the system down. Maybe one of these computers....

DERM
PCM
RSS
ABS
SIR

Logan

·
Registered
12 Posts
The same thing happened on my 94 STS. It actually fixed itself for about five months but when it came back it was going out all the time. It did turn out to be a bad cluster. The dealer went the reman cluster route for about $300 (not counting labor of course) and all is fine now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Logandiagnostic said:
I forgot to add one computer to the list-

ACP

Logan

thanks for all the input guys i took it to the dealer ,it was 88 dollars just to look at it ,the called me later the night and said all my computers were fine ,that they would have to start taking everthing apart and start searching for the problem, and the price was going tfrom 88 dollars to 320 dollars and they would keep it over night and start in the morning and he called me around lunch time and said they think its a bad control panel cluster and the price is going fro 320 dollars to 720 dollars and once the try the new cluster and it still didnt work the wouldnt charge me for the control panel cluster and id be back at 320 dollars and they would still have to search for the problem ,,i hope the new cluster works ,,the dealership rape,s people ,,gotta go talk at yall later

·
Registered
753 Posts
I just got a similiar problem on my 99 STS. In the dark garage, the Headlamps Suggested note cam on, while in auto mode. Also the temp will not let me chang it and the setting is set at 85* Defrost only.. I have the factory manual.. Where do i start???

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a similar problem with a 90 sedan deville. When I shut the car off, the heater fan stays running. I pulled all the fuses one by one and it continues to run. The only way to shut the fan off is to unhook the battery. I want to sell the car but need to figure out why the fan does'nt turn off when I pull the key. Does anyone have any ideas.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Its the fan control module under hood passenger side above the blower motor. You can verify by disconnecting the connector on it. Its internally shorted, must be replaced. If you are selling, get one at a wrecking yard, they can tell you what years interchange. Very simple replacement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the info Carnut, I will look into it tomorrow. Hopefully that is the problem. I know the local wrecking yard has an early 90s deville.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there, wondering what the outcome was on your 92 seville instrument panel problem. I have a 92 seville doing exactly the same thing! Would love to learn from you experience :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
GracietheCadi