Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
E
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem with the AC button turning itself on automatically? It was cold last night so I had the heat on and I look down and the AC button is lit up, I clicked it to turn it off, thinking I might have slipped and hit it on accident. So today I get in and its on again. Is it burning more gas even though its on the highest heat setting but the AC button is still lit up? Or is this something not to worry about?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah, it's supposed to light up orange I think that's what mine does.
Works just fine. It only comes on by itself if one of the controls is on auto

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
Spittin Game said:
Has anyone else had a problem with the AC button turning itself on automatically? It was cold last night so I had the heat on and I look down and the AC button is lit up, I clicked it to turn it off, thinking I might have slipped and hit it on accident. So today I get in and its on again. Is it burning more gas even though its on the highest heat setting but the AC button is still lit up? Or is this something not to worry about?
Yes the AC will come on if the settings are on Auto.
The AC will come on to help dehumidifying when it senses dampness...
such as defogging the windshield.
At least that's supposed to be why it will come on by itself.

·
Registered
E
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, cool. One more question, do I need to turn it off manually or will it just go off on itself?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
Spittin Game said:
Ok, cool. One more question, do I need to turn it off manually or will it just go off on itself?
Thanks guys!
It operates on it own.. on and off.. or.. You can turn it off manually no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts