Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

When my HVAC starts up, it has that awful feet/mold smell, so I bought a can of Kool-It AC cleaner.

But I can't find the AC drain tube where you're supposed to insert the hose for the cleaner. Where is it?
It looks like it's supposed to be under the driver's side somewhere, but I can't find it. I suppose it looks like a duckbill right?

·
Registered
2005 STS
33 Posts
When was the last time the cabin air filter was changed. If its the original one it's probably pretty funky by now. You may want to check that also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's about 4 months I think, so probably not the cause. Will replace that too so I'm sure.

Can the tube easily be located underneath the car? I mean, the cleaner have to go outside afterwards.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm not 100% on the sts, but in other GM vehicles, I have enabled the "afterblow" feature, which runs the blower motor periodically after the car has been shut off to reduce the amount of mold/bacteria build up in the HVAC system. The tech2 or gds2 is needed to enable the feature so you would need to see a dealer. Maybe some of the other guys can chime in about if it is an option on the sts?

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
5,017 Posts
For the STS to enable Afterblow you have to reflash the HVAC module with a calibration file that has afterblow enabled.
I did this to mine, it required a tech 2 and a subscription to the GM service stuff (cant recall the name of it right now) it was like $50 for 2 days or something.
In my case my VIN didn't have the option to flash the HVAC module so I had to borrow another users VIN to be able to download the calibration file and flash it to my car. Made a huge difference.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, I think I had something like that on my Mercedes, I always thought there was something wrong with it :p
Wow, that feature really makes sense now. I never had any smell in that car.

So I think I've located the tube besides the pedal. I mean almost 100% directly to the right of the pedal. It's a rubber hose coming from somewhere in the back off the console, then a 90 degree bend, and into a white plastic plate (where it goes through the car I guess).
The problem is that I can't seem to find it underneath the car, and atm. I only have the included scissor jack, so I'm not gonna lay under the middle of the car with only that supporting it.
Is it possible to disconnect the hose from the white plate, spray the foam in the hose, and connect it again so drips out under the car?

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,073 Posts
Ah, I think I had something like that on my Mercedes, I always thought there was something wrong with it :p
Wow, that feature really makes sense now. I never had any smell in that car.

So I think I've located the tube besides the pedal. I mean almost 100% directly to the right of the pedal. It's a rubber hose coming from somewhere in the back off the console, then a 90 degree bend, and into a white plastic plate (where it goes through the car I guess).
The problem is that I can't seem to find it underneath the car, and atm. I only have the included scissor jack, so I'm not gonna lay under the middle of the car with only that supporting it.
Is it possible to disconnect the hose from the white plate, spray the foam in the hose, and connect it again so drips out under the car?
Find a sidewalk with a high curb. Put the driver side wheels up on the curb and then crawl down the gutter on some cardboard for access to the bottom of the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts