Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I can replace a clutch without opening the system. Just need to remove the nut and have a puller. OTOH have you tried applying power directly to the clutch and see if it clicks ?
I can't get at it. The compressor on this car is in a terrible spot. I tried last week to get at it to run power, but all i could do is get my fingers on the connector. I wasn't able to run power to it. The guy i saw today said 100% do not buy a compressor, it's wiring. But i have no idea anymore. All i was trying to do was diagnose the problem so i could make a decision on if it was worth fixing.

I need to somehow run power to that clutch. Has anyone on here ever done that? or even changed a ac compressor on a 08 caddy? please let me know how you did this...I do not want to tear my front bumper completely off the car to run power to it.

·
Registered
CTS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Should mention...snap on scanner read the the clutch was “engaged”, when it isn’t. That’s why he said wiring issue, and not the compressor. I feel like I got nothing out of the scan. Do you’d agree with this? Also, still no coolent fan, but guessing because compressor doesn’t kick?

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,496 Posts
Guess I'd start by measuring and jumpering the relay. I like triage. Scanner just tells you what the computer thinks is happening, not even if it is really making the right output.

To be more specific, when the scanner says "engaged" do you have 12v across the relay coil ? And can you measure resistance across the output ? Finally if jumper 12v to the NO contact, does the clutch "click" ? That is where I'd start.

·
Registered
CTS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Guess I'd start by measuring and jumpering the relay. I like triage. Scanner just tells you what the computer thinks is happening, not even if it is really making the right output.

To be more specific, when the scanner says "engaged" do you have 12v across the relay coil ? And can you measure resistance across the output ? Finally if jumper 12v to the NO contact, does the clutch "click" ? That is where I'd start.
The guy who scanned my car for me called today, and said maybe it’s the clutch? So obviously I didn’t get much out of the scan from this guy. Does anybody have any idea where the AC pressure switch or switches are for this vehicle? You can find the parts all over the Internet, but no where can I find where they are. I see nothing. Does one go into the accumulator? I’m at a total loss. I honestly see no way possible to run power to my clutch. Please help if you have any experience with 2nd Gen CTS Cars!

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD DI
21 Posts
The pressure switch is on the high side line up front by the condenser. Like Padgett said, you can replace just the clutch without taking off the compressor/opening up the system.
35304AD0-5E52-48B6-9C67-B8797E440E86.jpeg

·
Registered
CTS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
The pressure switch is on the high side line up front by the condenser. Like Padgett said, you can replace just the clutch without taking off the compressor/opening up the system.
View attachment 583515
Thank you for this!! Is there only a pressure switch on the high side? Where is the low? I don’t even know what to do other than now pay full price for diagnostic...was hoping to figure out the issue before paying for it to get fixed...

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,496 Posts
Good scan tool should show both High and Low side pressures. May display as temperatures. Sounds like you need both a shop manual and a scan tool (probably cost less than a dealer scan). Can display more with Tech2Win but I like the Diaglink for quick stuff.

Haynes manual is really not too bad particularly for schematics.

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD DI
21 Posts
Only one pressure sensor. The high side. Why not just buy a clutch and change it out? It would probably be the same cost as taking it for a diagnostic.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts