Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Concours
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How much does an AC motor usually cost? My motor went out. Do you think it could be because I washed the engine compartment out at the carwash? It went out about a day later, but it was acting weird before then.

Thanks

·
Registered
1994 Concours
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I justed checked autozone and it is about the same price. I was just trying to sell the car. ^^%#[email protected]!!!car!!! Piece of crap!!! I'm tired of paying for GM's electrical mistakes!!!!! I've had a Tahoe, Caprice, Suburban, and this Cadillac all full of electrical screwups. I just want to get rid of the &^$#@!! piece of crap. I would love to go out and burn it. $200 for a 12V motor and I hear it is a major pain to replace. Sorry about the ranting. :mad::mad::mad:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,975 Posts
The blowers have been redesigned. The old one will come out in pieces. First remove the big inertial plate on the back. Then you can pull the armature, then the rest of the housing. The replacement has to go in in one piece and there is not enough clearance between the rear cam cover and the firewall. Disconnect the passenger side torque strut and leave it hang. Remove the drivers side and replace it with a 7" turnbuckle. Tightening the turnbuckle will rock the engine forward an inch or two to give you the extra clearance you will need. It may still need a little persuasion, but not much.

P.S
The old one has 5 mounting bolts. The redesigned ones only use 3.

·
Registered
1994 Concours
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Down here in Texas, if a car doesn't have AC, it automatically drops about a $1000 or more in value.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts