Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'00 STS
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put the ac on the coldest setting, it sounds like a jet engine and if I turn the dial up one degree, sounds what appears to be normal speed. However the car has always done this so I don't know what's normal. I checked it out with a gauge and it's cranking 30psi over the norm. Should I try a $20 recharge or is that a waste and I have no choice but to fix the AC compressor?

·
Registered
484 Posts
It sounds like the system was serviced previously and the mechanical overcharged the system. Just try evacuating the system yourself until it reaches the proper pressure.

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
im not sure about the pressure thing, but i do know that its normal for it to blast on 60 degree automatic setting.. the owners manual says that when its set to the highest or lowest temperature on automatic mode it with max out the fan speed and doesnt automatically do anything.. so i think you are in the clear on that part

·
Registered
'00 STS
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Recharged it to proper specs, and after 100 miles it went back up again! Any further suggestions? I'm baffled how this can happen...

·
Registered
'00 STS
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put in a bottle of the of lube/stop leak, so let's see if I can get a break and that's the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts