Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '91 Allante with rock-hard pedal and a friend gave a tip for checking the trouble codes. It came up as a "64"....any ideas what this means? any tips would be very helpful - thanks!

·
Banned
701 Posts
Ketch,

PO64 is "Vehicle Acceleration too high" The cruise control will disengage and is most likely caused by wheel spin due to ice/wet conditions. Try to reset your codes and see what pops up.

Have you ever serviced your brakes. By that I mean a complete flush and fill. Allante brakes on pre 1993 models can fail without much warning. If your brake light comes on PARK IT NOW! If you need furthur help, I can put you in touch with an Allante brake expert.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually - it's working through the brake light...six flashes then four...sorry - shoulda been clearer than "64"....this is accomplished through the A-H pin jumper (using a jumper wire) on the panel next the the brake...

yes - the brake light is also on.

Thank you both, BTW - Great forum!

·
Banned
701 Posts
Ketch,

Go to this web site and email Dick Hussey. He is a guru of Allantes and is more familiar with Bosch III brake systems than anyone I know.

http://www.allantesource.com/

Email or call Dick and tell him whats going on with your Allante, and I'm sure he can help. I would not drive it until you find out what is wrong.

Don

PS I went to his site and there is a ton of information about ABS brakes there. One of the signs is a rock hard pedal.

DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CAR TIL YOU TALK TO DICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
646 Posts
knowing the DIC codes for the ABS and performing both diagnostics AND fluid flushes on a regular basis is the key for a long and healthy relationship with this car.

do go to Allantesource and inquire, cannot go wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Stealth