Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st: ABS
I'm pretty sure my car has ABS because it says it on the brake pedal. Yet, no matter how much I try, I can't get it to engage. Also, there is no ABS indicator that lights up on the dash, even during the initial start-up.

There are no codes coming up.

2nd: How do I know if I have traction control? There are no buttons anywhere (including the glovebox) to disable such a feature. Again, no indicator light during start-up. But when I was poking around the engine bay recently, I saw some sort of module on or near the steering with a big yellow sticker on it that says "TRACTION".

Unfortunately I don't have the user manual.

Thanks,
Shane.
1992 Fleetwood 60 special

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
If you have ABS or TCS there should be fuses for each system or both in the main fuse panel. Also, in the dash or under the spare tire cover you can find a sticker that contains three digit identification codes for every option installed on that vehicle. You can then lookup the codes to see what option they correspond with. If ABS is not in that group of codes, then you most certainly dont have it.

Based on what youve posted, it sounds to me like the indicator lights themselves may be faulty.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the fuse, it's there and it isn't blown. I guess next i'll pull off the dash and check the bulb. I'll also check for voltage at the fuse.

If you remove the fuse, would the light normally come on, like when you pull the Airbag fuse?

where do i get a list of the option codes?

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts