Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Sixty Special, 1991 Allante
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abs Quandry

I am looking at a '93 Sedan deVille which has the ABS light on. What do you guys think is causing this, can it be driven safely with this on and how much would it cost to fix? Many thanks in advance. :confused:

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
As long as it is JUST the "ABS" light on NOT the "BRAKE" light it should be safe to drive, you just won't have ABS. As far as whats causing it and how much it could be to fix, it could range from someone forgot to reconnect the ABS sensor after doing a brake job to an EBCM which aren't cheap.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille
397 Posts
Re: Abs Quandry

dooscoop32 said:
I am looking at a '93 Sedan deVille which has the ABS light on. What do you guys think is causing this, can it be driven safely with this on and how much would it cost to fix? Many thanks in advance. :confused:
An ABS light will set a code. With the key in the run position, run the diagnostics by holding 'OFF' and 'WARMER' on the Climate Control Center and write down the codes that flash. They will start with either E and then 2 digits (IE E49) or they will start with P and have 3 digits (IE P043) im not quite sure. They also could start with other letters, just write them all down and report back and we can start to diagnose the problem!

·
Registered
1993 Sixty Special, 1991 Allante
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Abs Quandry

2dfx said:
An ABS light will set a code. With the key in the run position, run the diagnostics by holding 'OFF' and 'WARMER' on the Climate Control Center and write down the codes that flash. They will start with either E and then 2 digits (IE E49) or they will start with P and have 3 digits (IE P043) im not quite sure. They also could start with other letters, just write them all down and report back and we can start to diagnose the problem!
Thanks for the offer to diagnose the problem but someone else bought the car. I'm probably better off without it. :bonkers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts