Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Allante 1989
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to fix the brakes on my allante and have had no luck. I've bled the brakes 2 times and think i have all the air bubbles out. What should i try next? can i convert to a normal non ABS system?

·
Banned
Is one enough ?
645 Posts
I've been trying to fix the brakes on my allante and have had no luck. I've bled the brakes 2 times and think i have all the air bubbles out. What should i try next? can i convert to a normal non ABS system?
convert to a normal system? what is normal?
some models are easy to covert, some are near impossible

i saw this thread days ago and had no clue what to respond.
this is like telling the doctor you are sick and then asking the doctor
how to get better - w/o giving the doc the details.

you dont even tell us what model year it is - or maybe i missed that.

some suggestions to help each other?

by Stealth

#1.
State the problem in its completness and correctness, the car model and year, etc.

#2.
Tell us when the problem occurs: driving, starting, parking, cold weather, hot weather,
when your aunt drives it, when it rains, when the planets are in line, etc .. you get the point?

#3.
PLEASE TELL US what you have done so far in trying to resolve the problem. IF nothing, say that.
I cannot think of anything more frustrating than we start making suggestions and we get a "done that."
Me for one, usually take a deep breath and dont come back to that thread when that happens.
Other TECHs may be more forgiving.

#4.
DO commit to to return after the problem is fixed and tell us what the problem was. We dont care how
you found the answer or who gave you the solution, but the other owners do care HOW you fixed it!
We spend the time helping you, we ask you spend the time helping others.

#6.
IF I only got a few minutes to surf the site and type responses, chances are that I'm going to 1st look
at the questions of those that keep coming back or have larger #'s of posts or people I know or people
that i seen helping others.
THAT my friends, is simply the human equation. I bet the other TECHs do the same.
SO, look for ways to help others and the favors are more likely to be returned by those that you helped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts