Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ABS light came on while I was on vacation and the brakes were working fine. After I got home from vacation the brakes started to periodically have a problem which when you put on the brakes it felt like a pump running and they wouldn't break like they should for like 10 seconds then it would clear up. I had a little ranger that would do this after it rained and if I tapped the brakes a few times to clean them off it was fine. I am wondering if anyone has ever had this happen on the escalade. On the Escalade it does it more when you park the car for a few minutes and say run into a store for a few minutes then return to drive the car. I wonder if it might be the sensors in the front wheels. I checked the brakes and changed the rear but it is still doing it and was hoping someone might know how to fix it.

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
04 Ext, 94 deville
198 Posts
I personally would go get that looked at! Brakes not working right could lead to bad bad problems, but sure you already know that!

·
Registered
Escalade
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my 02 Escalade right now. Just got it back from the shop and all they did was clean the sensor off. They told me this was a steps process to find the real problem. Needless to say, the ABS light is still on after picking it up from the shop. They said that the light should go off in a few days, but it still has the same feeling, like it doesn't want to come to a complete stop, I have to pump the brakes. If the light doesn't go away in a few days they said I should bring it back and they will probably have to replace the "control module" which will cost over $1000. I'm considering going to a salvage yard to get this part. Is this a bad idea?:banghead:

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
I was reading a bulletin from GM that most of the time it is NOT the EBCM (Brake Module) but the 3 grounds on the chassis that go bad and need cleaned or sometimes the ABS Sensor goes bad. Note that the ABS sensor is only on the front two hubs and most of time the entire hub with the sensor needs to be replaced because of the bad sensor.

I got a problem a little different that this right now but I sure as hell not taking it anywhere until I get my ABS Code Scanner. The truck seems to be braking normal though...

BTW are you guys aware that the module can be repaired / upgraded, etc? I have the site in my favs somewhere and I can dig it up if you are interested. I think it costs under $200 to fix and upgrade it... let me know so I will search my 500 some favs for it lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts