Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i hope that all of you are safe during the lockdown. I had a small problem with my first generation cts i was driving normally going home and then the alarming sound comes on (3 beeps) and i check the control center nothing is on it when i checked the dashboard the ABS light was on, but the weird thing that if i turn the car off it would go away then after a while it would come back on so i decided to check if my ABS is working and it is but the light keep coming up. Any suggestions of what i should do? May it be solved by a scanner at the mechanic shop?

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
170 Posts
I would definitely get it scanned. Also check your battery voltage. Should be approximately 13.65 just sitting there and about 14.5 when running.

Roy

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >131k miles
701 Posts
I assume from your description that only the ABS light is on. If this is true, then you still have brakes but you won't have anti lock brakes if/when you need them. However if the regular brake warning is also on, then your regular brakes have a problem and this may be causing the ABS warning. Either way, as others said, the only solution is to have it checked by a competent person.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like Roy said have it scanned, an ABS light can be caused by a lot of things so you don’t want to start guessing.
I’m going toget it scanned but the weird thing that today i started the car in the morning to go to work the ABS with the sound came on plus the TC system was off and i was not able to put it on so I guessed it may have something with the throttle?

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L V6
28 Posts
I’m going toget it scanned but the weird thing that today i started the car in the morning to go to work the ABS with the sound came on plus the TC system was off and i was not able to put it on so I guessed it may have something with the throttle?
TC is “traction control” and it uses the same system as ABS, a throttle problem would turn on the engine light.

·
Registered
2007 CTS Non-V
128 Posts
Your ABS control module is going bad. Common problem with our 1st gens. There are companies out there who will rebuild your module (you ship it to them) for a fee of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts