Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 eldo etc, but it was made after a certain point so its considered a 96, does the 96 eldo have speed sensors?
and if so where are they located?
and diagrams anywhere?

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Any Northstar Seville/Eldorado/Deville has 4 speed sensors (one for each wheel - integrated in the bearing assembly) plus the actual speed sensor in the transmission. In fact you have accelerometers (except yaw rate sensor that’s ‘97 and after) and such devices in your car so the ABS speed sensors are old stuff.
The car will even tell you exactly which speed sensor is bad if you enter in the diagnose mode (no need of aftermarket OBD scanners). It's a very techological car (in fact one of the most advanced).

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
~$200, you have to change the bearing assembly (no way around). But before check the connector (have you done any work to that wheel recently). If you disconnect that connector and measure the resistance (on the sensor side) you should read around 1030 ohms (+/- 5% is acceptable). Just follow the harness going to the bearing (spindle), is right in the back of the bearing assembly, then 4 inches further on the harness is a 2 pin connector.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
yea just had some pads put on, where is the sensor located?
Then it might be a $0 job, is very common to knock off the connector doing a break job (that was in fact my fist issue with the car). As mentioned the sensor is located in the bearing assembly (is a capsule - the part where the wheel spins).

See the connector in the back (the black stuff). Sorry just remembered the connector is attached to the bearing assembly in the back, the piggy tail stuff is in front.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
No man, not even need to jack the car, all you need is to reach with your hand behind the wheel and shove the connector in is a 1-minute job. Locate the wheel studs in the picture so you know how the wheel mounts and you understand what I mean by “to reach with the hand behind the wheel”.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Here is the front of the bearing assembly (the part you see when removing the wheel). The other picture I posted is the backside.
You have to reach with your hand in the back (or behind the bearing assembly)

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dude your awesome, just went outside @ 1:45 am
it was unplugged and just to be sure i checked the other side
and also was unplugged, no more lights on
thanks alot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts