Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone could help me out with this question, I would appreciate it.

My 97 SLS' ABS light keeps coming one and the Traction Control Light keeps coming on in unison. A while back I fiddled with the parking break and the light went off for about 2 months. Now both lights come on, but before I take it in for service, does anyone here know what this signals? Is it my brakes?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Pull the codes if you can. if you dont know how, do a search on the board, or goto www.caddyinfo.com and goto the northstar section, and it will tell you and say what all the codes mean.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
P0741 = TCC stuck off
C1243 = Motor stalled
C1255 = Electronic ABS/TCS Module internal error
C1738 = ELC Exhaust valve short to ground or open circuit
B2149 = Pass Mirror vertical sensor shorted to voltage
B2150 = Pass Mirror Horizontal sensor shorted to ground

Don't sweat the "history" codes. The only "current" codes seem to be telling you that the passenger mirror doesn't work or can't tell where it is so the "memory" function won't work.
I'd keep an eye on the ABS/TCS system though. Those codes COULD be pointing to a module failure and that's expensive on those cars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
C1255 = Electronic ABS/TCS Module internal error
C1738 = ELC Exhaust valve short to ground or open circuit

The other codes are fine then, my problem is the above codes... The ABS/TCS lights come on in unison all the time and then go off. I used to think it was associated with the parking break but now I'm not so sure... I can get them to go off but they flash back on occasionally.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The ELC code has nothing to do with the ABS/TCS. And since it's history code, I wouldn't sweat it.
The ABS/TCS code could be a problem though. First thing to check would be all grounds and connections to se if it's anything easy.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Well bud you have come to the right place :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
elwesso said:
Well bud you have come to the right place :)
Hello, Elwesso. My name is Robert. I have the same problem with my 1998 Deville.(ABS-Traction Control Light came on while driving. I stoped, switched off engine several times. However, the light always return after about a 1/4 mile. Help me please. Robert!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
robertgriffin24