Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Seville STS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 STS, 4.6 N*

The car sat in the driveway for a month. Prior to this, everything was cool - never an ABS light to be found, except for a few seconds on start up.

I started the car & began to drive out the driveway. The ABS light came on & I got the Traction Control disabled message.

I still have 1st gear, if that's at all rellivant.

I've searched through 26 pages of this forum trying to find answers.

Can someone offer some insight? The car is for sale, but no one is going to buy a car with an ABS light that won't go away.

I have a TO61 history code. Motor pump circuit fault.

I'm aiming for the under hood relay center. But I don't know where it is.

·
Registered
1991 ETC (Crimson)
232 Posts
Lesley,

The motor pump is controlled by a relay that is mounted with the hydraulic modulator assembly near the front of your car. You can reset the ABS light but of course that just hides the notification...

·
Registered
93 Seville STS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the square black ABS box under the relay/fuse center....inside there were 2 large black relays. After taking the cover off & removing both of them, they look fine.

You say I can reset the ABS light...how is that done? It goes away, but of course returns when I start driving down the driveway.

Thanks for your reply - I appreciate ANY information.

·
Registered
1991 ETC (Crimson)
232 Posts
Well, it turns out the ABS codes can only be cleared by using a Tech 1 device, a handheld gizmo that plugs into your ALDL connector under the dash. But as I suggested, there's a good reason for this -- ABS codes are telling you about a problem that should be fixed!

·
Registered
Cadillac
32 Posts
I have the same problem in my 95' STS but I don't have 1st gear!!!! I really want it back. So I guess the plan is to check the relays 1st right? IF they are good does that mean that the pump is bad??
Also, I have code t083 which is low brake fluid, but I have plenty so the sensor must be bad.... Could that kill my 1st gear or is the A.B.S. directly related to the loss of 1st gear.
One more thing! if those are the only two codes I have then why does the car say "traction control disabled" and "service ride control"
Please, I really could used some help before I waste my time and money changing the A.B.S. pump.
Thank you
Alex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts