Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
an '01...

Follow the upper-right radiator hose from the radiator to the engine. Where the hose meets the engine, look just below and behind the hose and you will see a metal block with brake-lines fitted to it. The brake module (ETBCM) is attatched to the front of this metal block. You'll see the big harness connector attatched to it(just behind that radiator hose).

I just pulled one and it was a big pain in the @**. Sun-burned back from the hours long awkward lean, and alot of skin shaved off the knuckles.

See the "stickied" post at the top of the threads list about ETBCM removal....alot of help.

·
Registered
Cadillac
25 Posts
CateraKidd
IF the engine check light & ABS light is ON - and you know you need a "new"/refurbished EBCTM... I sent mine to: http://modulemaster.com/contactus.html

...When I 1st took my 98Catera to the dealership, they wanted $1500.00 for a new one; where as it's an electrical switch inside the EBTCM that ModuleMaster will replace for $200.00 .... All things considered, add S/H (both ways).. I was happy with the turn-around by ModuleMaster and thier warranty. The EBTCM is a be~yotch to pull - no question ablout it! I paid a creditable shop $120.00 to pull and install the fixed EBTCM; and saved my back, knuckles and time. Save yourself the 3-or-so-hours of labor time and do somtin else more time-worthy...
Enz

·
Registered
Cadillac catera 2001
2 Posts
Can you still drive the car when the ebtcm is off. my catera 2001 abs, tc, and engine light keeps coming on, but i have not had the speedometer issue or the the problem with steering as everyone else has. Don't know if it is the same thing or not

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can you still drive the car when the ebtcm is off. my catera 2001 abs, tc, and engine light keeps coming on, but i have not had the speedometer issue or the the problem with steering as everyone else has. Don't know if it is the same thing or not

Yes you can, but you should wrap the two plugs in plastic baggies to keep 'em clean. You also need to protect the solenoid face from where you removed the EBTCM. Because of the tight space it's tought to get a real good cover over that face, so i just did my best with plastic-baggies and duct tape, and left the car parked when the road was wet.

The steering issue is only a side effect of not receiving a speed signal(speed sensative steering). Since your speedo is O.K., you might want to research a bit more before yanking the EBTCM. Chances are, it IS the module, but I'm not sure what else might trigger the lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts